Cron to Automate ENOM domain transfer completion

I'm building a php script that I'm planning to share with the community that will check all "pending transfer" domains with ENOM and if the transfer is completed will automatically activate the domain in WHMCS, set the new renewal date and send the customer an email based on a WHMCS template.

Problem is im not sure about the sending an email bit, I thought I could do it using the WHMCS API but I cant find enough information about how to send the correct email with the correct information embedded.

The cron can include the whmcs functions include and so I suspect there is a emailing function in there which I can use instead but obviously it is encrypted.

So I'm asking for peoples help on this one, if you know more about WHMCS than I do please help and we can get this script finished in no time.

Maybe WHMCS themselves would like to lend a small hand. :)