JQuery and Mootools

Hi Folks,

We're in the process of upgrading to WHMCS 4 which now includes JQuery. For our integration, this poses some problems since we use Mootools. From what I have read, they share the same function names and namespaces so they're largely incompatible. A few things break on our site once we activate JQuery. Load order seems to favor whichever comes second. JQuery loaded first, then Mootools reliant items work but not JQuery. Vice versa, the reverse is true.

Anyway, curious if anyone else has tackled this with their integration that may have any tips or insight?

Thank you for your time.

I've had some success with jQuery.noConflict(). Specifically the $j = jQuery.noConflict(). Unfortunately, renaming the functions inside the pwstrength.js doesn't work. But I have had success moving its contents into the .tpl and then renaming the $ functions to $j(). Have only tested with the password checking code. May drop back by here and update this thread after the integration-upgrade is complete. I'm certainly no Java Guy, nor a Mootools / JQuery type for that matter. Feel free to set me straight on any of the above... Really not sure why simply renaming the $() functions inside a linked JS file didn't work (but moving the code into the TPL did...)

More Information on JQuery.noConflict()

http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries and http://docs.jquery.com/Core/jQuery.noConflict