Template Mods, Config Option Promos, more..

siforek

These modules are  

7 members have voted

1. 1. These modules are

• Amazing!! When can I get them?
    • Ok, but wouldn't help me
    • Waist of time

I thought before contributing this I'd see how much others are interested..

I just finished number of modules and template modifications. The first module allows you to set the default amount of resources(ram, hdd, cpu, etc) for a plan instead of just putting that information in the product description. It also has a number of different fields you can use to choose how it's displayed. So maybe it's "on clearance" or something, etc.

The second is an "addon manager" that allows you to categorize your addons by type(control panel, bandwidth, ram, etc), products(dedicated, vps, etc), and anything else you'd like.

Both modules allow you to display the plans details, addons, and configurable options in your templates however you'd like. :) All of this means that when you add, change, or delete a plan or upgrade you don't have to manually edit your html, it does it all for you. :)

You mite wonder why I'd want to categorize addons when I could just use configurable options. The problem was:

1. You can't normally set a default/standard value for a plans resources. So if I used configurable options for ram the order configure page wouldn't show what the plan originally comes with as the first option in the dropdown.

2. You can't apply discounts to configurable options.

This addresses both of those issues in addition to many more. On the configure order page my desired addons now look like configurable options in multiple dropdowns based on their "type"(ram, hdd, etc). And for example if a plan includes 500GB bandwidth and I have a bandwidth addon for an additional 500GB the dropdown options will reflect the total amount based on the price.. Like "<option>500GB</option><option>100GB (+$20)</option>

There's so much more to this, but before spending the time to write the readme for all this and prepare it for contributing I'd like to get all your opinions.. Thanks

Since a few asked..

Let me clarify that these modifications do not interfere with existing WHMCS options. For example, addons are only shown on the configure product page in their corresponding dropdowns when they selected from within the admin to apply to that specific product.