Product/Service Specs in Templates??

siforek

I'm trying to figure out a way to specify product/service specs(HDD, BW, CPU, etc) within the DB, then use those details within the templates. Basically I've mastered the template files, have the entire site within WHMCS, and ideally would like to make it so if such details were changed from the admin area they'd also change throughout the entire site.

The product's name and price is no problem, just specs of the plan which at this point I could manually add fields to the DB, but it needs to be editable via the admin area.. Any ideas?

Check out Sparky's Sig for [ Plan Comparison V1.0.1 ]

From my understanding this would pull plan specs from your server module. For example, if you had a shared hosting plan configured to auto provision with cpanel it would get all the details you specify in the cpanel module.

For this site I won't be use any server modules, it's for dedicated servers and VPS(manual setup). More and more I'm thinking I could very easily just create a module to simply store the server specs, and display them throughout the site.. Sound like the best option?

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

I just developed a module that allows you to specify dedicated/VPS server specs for each product within the admin panel, then it passes the info to smarty(custom page) to display many different things.. Name, Hardware(server type, eg. Dell Poweredge ##), CPU, HDD, RAM, Bandwidth, HDD Type(sata, scsi, sas, etc), raid, network speed(100/1000mbps), and of course all price options, quantity, etc.. The list goes on and I'm still working on it.

The idea, as posted before is to allow me/you to update a plans details via the admin panel and havev those changes be reflected throughout my/your entire website. (no more editting the template files every time you add/remove/change a plan.

What do you think? Anyone else interesting in this?