Purpose of bulk license

Elite Web Server

Question

10 answers to this question

What does lifetime license have to do with the "powered by" part?

When removing the powered by section, you are in essence reducing the number of referrals to whmcs.com. This then means less money for whmcs. So, in order to recoup some of those potential loses, there is a cost for the removal of the link.

Essentially with a lifetime license you are paying outright for the software, thats what it means. It means you own the software to use in your server the way you want it. I can understand the referrals bit when someone is paying a monthly fee for it, not when someone is paying outright for it.

• WHMCS CEO

An Owned License does not mean you own the software - you are still just a user of the software - and certainly does not mean you can use it in any way you want. All it means is you don't have the monthly fee to pay each month but you are still bound by the terms of the End User License Agreement.

Matt

Yeah agreed, but still think its a rip to be paying $50 just to remove the powered by. But I guess you have your reasons for that.

I also wish you would make your software more skinnable where it doesnt look like everyone else's billing system. Hopefully this will come in future versions.

Yeah agreed, but still think its a rip to be paying $50 just to remove the powered by. But I guess you have your reasons for that.

I also wish you would make your software more skinnable where it doesnt look like everyone else's billing system. Hopefully this will come in future versions.

WHMCS, in my opinion, is by far the most skinnable billing software on the market. Smarty templates are by far the most flexible template engine thats publicly available today.