Passwords and e-mails

DevDev

When I use the import script it doesn't import the e-mail addresses. And also when I create a new account the password that it shows for the cpanel login is worng, also I enter what udsername and password I want that account to have but it goes ahead and creates its own, and the password it gives me is jsut numbers and is wrong. How am I supposed to know waht it is and how is the client suppsoed to know?

When I use the import script it doesn't import the e-mail addresses. And also when I create a new account the password that it shows for the cpanel login is worng, also I enter what udsername and password I want that account to have but it goes ahead and creates its own, and the password it gives me is jsut numbers and is wrong. How am I supposed to know waht it is and how is the client suppsoed to know?

AFAIK, passwords are not imported, maybe not even usernames. Password encryption within cpanel is one way and their is no way to read one, just reset them. Its a security issue.

Users cant pick their own cpanel username or password when accounts are created, password are automatically generated by whmcs. The password is not wrong and is correct. Remember that passwords and usernames for whmcs are different than their cpanel username/passwords. When NEW accounts a created, the cpanel username and password will be stored correctly within whmcs. If you dont know an existing customers password, your going to have to reset it wih whmcs (in v3 only) or reset it with cpanel and add that information manually to whmcs.

thanks for all of your help :) if you want to help me with this completly new problem though lol. I just did a direct transfer over to a new dedicated server and now I cna't edit my packages and services or delete them I hit the buttons and it jsut refreshes

thanks for all of your help :) if you want to help me with this completly new problem though lol. I just did a direct transfer over to a new dedicated server and now I cna't edit my packages and services or delete them I hit the buttons and it jsut refreshes

Open up a new topic and i will try and help( HINT: register globals are probably off).