Custom fields

maritimer

I`ve created custom fields for my vps packages, I have the `show in order form` box checked, yet these new fields do not show on the order form. All I get is the default fields ie: server name, nameservers and root password.

Have I missed something else that needs enabling?

I haven't tried any of this, so I'm just thinking out loud :)

Maybe `show in order form` makes the fields available for Smarty and maybe you have to add them to the template yourself...

Just my $2 worth (that's inflation for you)

Cheers,

Ozzie

I keep hitting 'escape,' but I'm still here. !!!

Mmmm, interesting. If that`s the case you would that would be explained a little better. The way it is, you would assume just using the custom field options in admin would be enough.

Ps. Actually it was my mistake. I thought the custom fields would be on step two (domain) of the order procress, but they were on the payment step instead.

Hey,

Instead of adding a server like VPS or dedicated server with the Product of VPS/Dedicated Server I make to where its Other.

By putting it on other, I have the option to turn off the "Show Domain Options" which is step 2 for you guys (root password, and nameservers). Then I just add both Custom Fields, and Configurable Options so its all on one page and easy for people to find the price of the server with out doing a whole lot.

Hope thats clear.

From,

Adam