Ability to disable invoices for client

MACscr

I would like the ability to be able to disable invoices for a particular client or a particular clients product. Client disable option would override client product disable setting. I dont have time to go into detail why this would be useful, but it would to at least me.

This was supposed to be a feature request. I need this to be recurring still though, so due date should be correct. Gateway cant be changed as it still needs to be setup for the correct gateway as well.

side question: not sure if its specific to a gateway or not, but if a recurring amount is negative, will a users credit card get credited each time its processed?

• WHMCS CEO

I don't understand this, you want a client to have a payment method and next due date that would mean they get invoiced, but they don't. How would the next due date ever change - you're logging in and changing that manually each month? Why would it matter what payment gateway they are set to if they aren't being invoiced. Couldn't you set it to PayPal Subs and add to the notes section how they actually pay? Sorry, but I don't see any need for this to be a feature - I think the workaround should be an adaquate solution.

As for crediting a user, no, I doubt that would work. It would still be passed in as a sale so I think the gateway company would return an error.

I don't understand this, you want a client to have a payment method and next due date that would mean they get invoiced, but they don't. How would the next due date ever change - you're logging in and changing that manually each month? Why would it matter what payment gateway they are set to if they aren't being invoiced. Couldn't you set it to PayPal Subs and add to the notes section how they actually pay? Sorry, but I don't see any need for this to be a feature - I think the workaround should be an adaquate solution.

As for crediting a user, no, I doubt that would work. It would still be passed in as a sale so I think the gateway company would return an error.

Ah, I didnt know an invoice had to be generated for the due date to change. Just a second, invoices arent created for subscriptions, but those change, right? If i set it up as a paypal subscription and its not a paypal subscription, its always going to come up as an unpaid subscription. Hmm.

Why cant you just add "Other" back to the payment gateway options?

• WHMCS CEO
Ah, I didnt know an invoice had to be generated for the due date to change.

Of course, otherwise people wouldn't need to pay!

If you use PayPal Subscriptions, when due it will appear on the admin homepage and you can click the link to go straight to the page and increment the due date. It would be a useful way of reminding you and giving you access to it to change it each month.

Ah, I didnt know an invoice had to be generated for the due date to change.

Of course, otherwise people wouldn't need to pay!

I think of an invoice as a template or email that just reflects what is showing in the db. Just like paypal subscriptions, they have the exact same information in the db as an invoiced item, yet no invoice is generated, and no email is sent out. Transactions are still made and due dates are still changed.

side question: not sure if its specific to a gateway or not, but if a recurring amount is negative, will a users credit card get credited each time its processed?

I just tested creating an invoice for a negative amount and trying to process it - the transaction is declined with something like "invalid payment details" (gateway log reports "security error")

It then sent an email to me indicating that the payment failed for the invoice.

To verify the payment details on the account were correct, I changed the invoice to a positive amount and tried again and it was approved.

I wouldn't think WHMCS would generate an invoice for a negative amount, would it?

Hey,

Their are a few websites out their that have that flaw where they would use a <form> and have the options inputted like the cost would be value="$100.00". Then have the form past on to the credit card gateway. Now you can download the source code add a - by the $ and you just got your self 100! However most of the credit card gateways have this fixed.

Check out the google video on it,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5159636580663884360

From,

Adam