late invoices generated even though invoices had zero balanc

Today WHMCS just generated late invoice for a domain that had a zero balance.

I thought if you had an invoice with a zero balance, then there was no need to do anything like mark it to paid. Is there some reason the system would have done this.

It also has appeared to generate invoices on one accounts that i had previously deleted the invoice. so i have 2 late notices on that accounts.

I am still on 3v beta 1. if 2 corrects any of these issues i am sorry for oposting this...

• WHMCS CEO

It used to be that no invoice would be generated for an amount of zero. However, this raised an issue with free domains. As they were never invoiced, their next due date was always left at the date of ordering and this meant they always showed on orders as being unpaid. Domains of zero value are now invoiced on the assumption there will be a hosting account billed with it too meaning the invoice total would not be zero. It may be possible to add something to automatically mark a zero amount invoice paid automatically as soon as its generated. I'll look into it.

Matt

ok, I am unsure on the late invoice being generated fo a deleted invoice, i cant remember positively if there was an invoice in there or not now..., i will try to recreate that issue once i update to beta 2.

Thanks for looking into it, because the zero balance now has a $15 late invoice (I charge a $15 late fee in the setup)

and to MACscr: yes i am not using this in a live enviroment :)

ok, I am unsure on the late invoice being generated fo a deleted invoice, i cant remember positively if there was an invoice in there or not now..., i will try to recreate that issue once i update to beta 2.

Thanks for looking into it, because the zero balance now has a $15 late invoice (I charge a $15 late fee in the setup)

and to MACscr: yes i am not using this in a live enviroment :)

LOL, are you that worried about me getting on your back again about it? =P

• 2 months later...

had another zero balance issue.

I issued a guy a credit last week for the total amount of his monthly balance. An invoice was created for 0.00. I assumed everything would be ok. Today the system tried to charge 0.00 on his credit card sending him a failure notice.

What do I need to do to stop this from happening.

• 1 month later...
This issue has now been identified and corrected for the next update.

Has this update been released? I have a similar issue, in that I have an invoice for a domain registration only that totals $0.00 (I used a 100% discount promo voucher to place the order) remains unpaid, and I don't seem to be able to find any way to mark it as paid in the admin interface.

Looking at the invoice I see a button that says "Mark Unpaid" but the invoice also has a status of "Unpaid"

I used the mailin payment gateway to complete this order.

Thanks.

Actually just thinking about this a bit more, I remember that I was testing the MaxMind fraud checking at the same time as placing this internal order. I subsequently changed the order status back to pending simulating a successful contact of the client following a fraud warning. Not sure if that is related to the problem.

[edit]Looking in to it further I find that I may have complicated matters even more for myself by transferring the domain to a new client in my WHMCS interface after changing the status back to "Pending" from "Fraud".

So I now have two $0 invoices for the one domain / order - one is marked as paid (on the client that I transferred the domain to) and the other (the original order client who now has 0 orders) is the one that I can not mark as paid.

Would the recommended procedure at this stage just be to delete the invoice? Is there any way to mark an invoice as cancelled - as my accountant has advised that we need to maintain an accurate record of all invoice numbers / transactions in the system.[/edit]