Error: Invalid client IP xx.xxx.xx.xxx enom registration

shwa

Hello,

When I try to register a domain through enom, it returns the following error:

Invalid client IP xx.xxx.xxxx

The ip number it gives is the ip number of my server (but not the ip of the domain that houses whmcs). That is to say, the domain with whmcs has a dedicated IP but not the one that is being rejected (the 'invalid' ip is the one for the machine -- no domains on that ip).

Note: this is the first try through enom after setting it up but it works for directi

Anyone run into this type of thing?

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick replies - I figured it was something like that but I am new to this type of thing so I didn't even realize I had to contact Enom with an IP.

I had/have communication problems with the place where i signed up for Enom (didn't get any welcome email or anything ... no response to my 'upgrade to reseller request', etc.) They did reply to one email and said they would resend the welcome email but it never arrived.

On the contrary, when I signed up with directi through WHMCS it was easy. Very thorough welcome emails, quick response to my only question and worked on the first try. I have put about 20 domains through directi in the last couple weeks while I am still trying to contact my enom reseller lol.

Thanks again for the answer.

Hello bedot,

I don't know why i would prefer enom ... I am totally new to all of this stuff. I used to do everything by hand. All setups, domain registrations, billing ... everything! lol

I currently have a godaddy reseller account where I did registrations by hand (quite a bit of a hassle compared to automated lol)

I heard Enom was good so I intended on going with them. Since I wasn't getting any response, I thought I would try directi through WHMCS. It seems quite good. I have only done about 20 domains through them but I may just keep using directi.

Which domain registrars do you use, bedot?

Do you use both directi and enom?

Thanks

hey,

yes manual resgistration/renewal is hassle when it can be fully automated :) personally use registerfly, which has some problems to iron out - but im happy enough with the service at the moment.

I dont see a reason to use more than 1 registrar, as usually you have to hold a balance in the account which I prefer not todo to reduce over heads. - Unless matt builds in a feature to use the cheapest registrar for different extentions which may offer some profit?..

I would suggest if Directi is working for you, stick with that :) price accordingly and let the automation work for you.

I might just stick with directi ... i have only did new registrations so i have to use them for some transfers, etc., and make sure they are good.

Since i signed up for directi through whmcs, they must get some small amount. Given the high level of support by whmcs/matt, any way they can get more money is good to me.

Consider this: matt answered my question on how to use enom, even though i said in my post that i was using directi through whmcs temporarily. He didn't hesitate to give an answer that could lead to me using another registrar (not signed up through him). He didn't try to 'push' any certain registrar. That shows integrity; something that can be hard to find ;-)

The whole WHMCS experience has been very good so far!

BTW - bedot, when i read through your posts, i can see you freely help many people -- thanks for the contributions.

Directi is the best among domain reseller program!!

its Cheap...!!!

It might be among the best, but its not the best. Enom has been rated the number #1 domain reseller for 5 straight years.

Matt, can you please add some type of instructions during enom setup so that users know they need to register their ip with enom? Its getting a little ridiculous with how many repeat posts on this forum about the issue.

I really have to recommend eNom. Super cheap names. Don't be tricked into paying eNom $xxxx of dollars to get in though, do it through http://www.domainsbay.com/superreseller.php :) Thats what I did and I really recommend it.

MACscr, I agree, eNom doesn't even directly say that's what you need to do. I had a rough time figuring it out, and a little instruction box on the registrars screen would be nice.

EDIT: In 3.1 you might consider adding help.gif help boxes next to administrative settings.

• 11 months later...

the problem i had is i use hostgator and they have a shared IP and supply me with a license of WHMCS. Now i have a dedicated IP and an SSL cert but the WHMCS portion that sends the info to enom about the new domain for some reason works off the shared IP so you need to make sure enom has that IP on file not your dedicated IP.

honsetly noone could give me a good answer as to why this is happening and my best guess is something with the nameservers since my ns1 nameserver is the same as my shared IP.

J