NEO Password Problem - fix script - BETA testers required

Hi all,

Firstly let me apologise for the password fiasco that DI / LogicBoxes forced on us and therefore on you.

We have created a fix.

What it does:

The script will do is read of the WHMCS DB, make sure that the current WHMCS client password conforms, if it does nothing happens, if it doesn't, it will make it conform, update NEO and send an email to your customer from within WHMCS to tell them of a password change (or whatever you wish to put in the email template).

You can set the script to do NEO domain customers only or the whole customer base. (if whole customer base, we do not know the issues this may cause with other registrars though, hence the NEO only option).

Once complete all is well again.

We have also had created a peice of javascript code that will once added to your templates, tell your users if their password doesn't conform on signup and ask them to revise it so you dont hit the problem again.

Anyway, we need to get some beta testers, I must thank macscr for his coding on this.

Either reply here or email chris (at) netearthone.com with your resellerID and I will send it out to you.

We haven't gone down the route of changing the actual module, as this would make differences in Matt's codebase, and to make their lives simpler, keeping the RC and NEO module (logicboxes) the same helps them solve any issues that arise from it.

Regards,

Chris

• 1 month later...

The main problem is that v4x uses a different system which tests password strength against a pre-determined scale from 1-100. 0 disables this function. Logic boxes counts the number of digits used which have to be a minimum of 8. Or am I missing something here?

Any update on this?