Language, language, language

krimster

Hi, still trying to work thru getting different headers for different languages.

New to the template system, but I added some custom language fields for my main navigation, and it seemed to work, so when language is changed the navigation (main site, not WHMCS) changes, which is cool.

But I'd like to swap logos as well. Does anyone have a simple solution to change logos, an image, in the header template? I can't add image paths to the language file, can I?

Thanks in advance!

Actually, here is what I did and it seems to work, but if anyone has a better idea, or a reason why this is no good then please say it.

I made another entry in the lang file for the logo, just with "logo_en.jpg" and then used this in the image path and it seems to work well.

you can replace the entire image in your header.tpl? However I guess you have something on your header image which is language specific? -- if so then yes, using the language file and pointing each language file its own logo.. and setting that as a variable in the header.tpl would work..

Rarely have i seen it done tho, as few people have language specific headers. Nice touch tho :)

Actually, here is what I did and it seems to work, but if anyone has a better idea, or a reason why this is no good then please say it.

I made another entry in the lang file for the logo, just with "logo_en.jpg" and then used this in the image path and it seems to work well.

If its a language issue, i really think thats the best way to do it.

Thanks for the replies, I think this solution will work as well as any.

I do need the different headers, as they hold the main site nav, which needs to be seperate languages, and the logos as well, one is in the cyrillic alphabet, others not.

• 4 years later...