Weird but Simple Questions

TheGamer

• WHMCS CEO

Yeh, there's not currently a signup form you can send visitors to. They can only signup when they buy something from you. When they login, they have access to the "client area" and until they buy something they aren't really a client.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
i think its a bad idea as it will just lead to a lot of inactive clients that arent really being labeled as inactive. What is the point of even doing this?

Maybe for lead generation(prospect). So maybe a customer wants more information or something. so they sign up - and become a lead .. Once they purchase something - you don't need to reenter their information.

Add a label called prospects or somethign else.

Just a thought. :)

Thanks,

Adam

Well I've established the pre-purchase registration process form at http://www.registraramerica.com/register.php . I really don't care about the inactive clients. If it'll make them more likely to buy a domain, I don't care about the extra set of entries in my SQL... I've had 3 friends completely explore the site and write down what they didnt like, all of which said they were confused about registration.