WHMCS domain pricing & Enom default pricing?

Hello,

I want to ask someone who using/used enom reseller account with WHMCS.

1. Should I use an option to provide clients details for the Billing/Admin/Tech contact, under WHMCS Domain Registrars configuration?

2. When domain is registered by my client through WHMCS with Domain Registrars configuration set to provide clients details for the Billing/Admin/Tech contact, does Enom will create a sub-account for that client under my Enom reseller account?

3. If Enom will create a sub-account for my client that registers a domain name from WHMCS, then what price would be applied, my Enom reseller price or (adjusted) Enom default price for sub-accounts?

I am in the process of domain pricing configuration and got confused about WHMCS domain pricing vs. Enom default pricing for sub-accounts. I haven't tested orders yet, that's why I am here to ask these questions. If you can help me here it would save me lots of time, considering how long it takes to configure all TLD prices, and discounts for each TLD, etc.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Serg

Edited by HostBizLng
Added a question

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Rob, I think I tried to ask the question about Enom sub-accounts earlier and didn't understand why you asked me 'what am I doing with sub-accounts?' Because when I explored Enom information on their website I noticed that one of the points of having Enom reseller account is being able to create sub-accounts with their own admin info and adjusted by me prices for all sub-accounts.

Now your answer on question #2 saying that Enom doesn't creates sub-accounts when domain names registered through API within WHMCS. But now, ...

1. Who owns a domain name when registered through my WHMCS? If sub-account is not created automatically, and domain name is not registered under my clients sub-account, then domain name is 'technically' registered under me and I actually owe that domain name? Isn't it?

2. What about domain name management tools (DNS management, forwarding, etc)? If domain names are not registered under my clients sub-account, then how will my clients will be able to login and manage 'their own domain names,' considering that they owe those purchased domain names?

I am a little bit confused here.

But since I haven't tested anything yet, neither Enom nor my website with WHMCS, I might be missing something.

Will my clients actually be able to manage their domain names within my WHMCS?

Thank you for your help. Sorry, I haven't worked with WHMCS, and kind of new, developing and exploring the possibilities.

Sincerely,

Serg

I also need help with understanding WHMCS and ENOM.

Situation:

I have entered all my pricing for my domain registration within WHMCS and ENOM is configured as my Registrar and I have a ENOM Account.

Questions:

1. Will ENOM ignore the TLD pricing that in my enom account since I am using WHMCS?

When I sign into ENOM – My Account – Settings – TLD Pricing

2. Since WHMCS is handling my billing for domain registration what pricing do I put into ENOM so it does not deplete my account so quickly? (if enom does not ignore it)

ENOM RESELLER QUESTIONS:

1. How do I setup people to be an ENOM reseller – within ENOM?

Do I then have to establish domain pricing in ENOM – My Account – Settings – TLD Pricing?

2. Or does WHMCS bill my reseller each time someone orders a domain from them?

If anyone can make me smart on how to deal with WHMCS and ENOM that would be great.

Thank you so much in advance.

sub accounts arewhat you create for your resellers if they want to have WHMCS and automate their domain creation - it removes you entirely from the purchasing loop of heir domains (although as your sub account you are supposed to be their first point of call for help)

in 99% of cases you dont want to concern yourself with them :D

>1. Who owns a domain name when registered through my WHMCS?

the registrant owns the domain

>Will my clients actually be able to manage their domain names within my WHMCS?

yes, if the domain is in *your* enom account (i.e. *NOT* in a sub-account)

>1. Will ENOM ignore the TLD pricing that in my enom account

under what context ? the prices you *charge* for domains are what you enter into WHMCS

>what pricing do I put into ENOM

you dont

>1. How do I setup people to be an ENOM reseller – within ENOM?

click "sub account"

>2. Or does WHMCS bill my reseller each time someone orders a domain from them?

you dont have any involvement in the purchase of domains for sub-accounts

Thank you Rob, chickendippers,

I think it all makes sense after your helpful answers. I just wish that when you post answers like "Yes", "No", and "N/A" you would add little details, just like in your last post Rob. That would save us from keep on posting the same questions we don't understand, on which we only get yes/no/N/A answers. Not that you even have to respond, but dry yes/no/N/A answers are of little help, because to understand the issue at hand I need some more details why it's 'yes' or 'no' or 'n/a'.

Thank you though for elaborating a little bit. And like I said, you don't have to post answers if you don't feel like or if our amateur questions bother you. I am just exploring the ground and I am not as knowledgeable as you are. And if I ask a simple question, it's means that I don't understand something yet, and your yes/no/N/A answers do not help me to understand. If you feel bored to elaborate your answer on our simple questions it would be much helpful if you would just post a link to info on the internet where we can learn more about the questions we have.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Serg

Good luck with everything,

:) I don't mind to learn by trial and error. As a matter of fact I do on a daily basis. But forums and discussions like one on this site is for discussing and trying to find answers on things we do not understand. And if I personally would post an answer to someone who has trouble with understanding something I would do it with clear details, respectfully and with helping intentions; not like (yes/no/N/A) as if I am tired of all those amateur newcomers, who don't know as much as I do (which is the case with you guys - 6-10 years in business, ha!)

I do learn by trial and error just like everyone else, but when I come to forums like this one, (and this forum is suppose to be a part of WHMCS peer -to-peer support!!!) I expect a little help and I do not come here with big requests, my questions are detailed and to the point.

I wonder how you giving support to your clients, I hope it's not (yes/no/N/A :) ) As far as I've seen your replies to me in this forum, they are absolutely not helpful, and even rude, as I said earlier, as if you are tired of us who don't know as much as you do.

Have a good one!

Sincerely,

Serg

As you said yourself these are peer-to-peer support forums; I contributed the answers I wanted to, and then other users contributed as they saw fit. Together the community produced the answers you wanted. That's how it works, no need to get so defensive :)

Edited by chickendippers

As far as I've seen your replies to me in this forum, they are absolutely not helpful, and even rude, as I said earlier, as if you are tired of us who don't know as much as you do.

thank you for pointing this out, I gladly add you to the sh!tlist so will no longer see any of yor posts, best of luck with your business, and appreciate you making sure I dont have to spend any further of my limited and precious time helping you with yours.

Like I said, nothing personal and no bad feelings.

I just expressed my opinion, honestly, after spending so much time to decipher Rob's first reply on this thread, "possibly/no/not applicable/ignore, its not relevant," does this kind of reply helping me in any way? What this reply means? I am glad that I am in his list and that I am not going to receive replies like that from him anymore.

And I'll make sure to contribute in this forum in helpful manner.

Sincerely,

Serg

• 1 month later...

>Will my clients actually be able to manage their domain names within my WHMCS?

yes, if the domain is in *your* enom account (i.e. *NOT* in a sub-account)

How are the clients able to manage their domain through WHMCS?

What if they need to change nameserver, forwarding, etc.

I don't see how they can do this.