eNom Settings

TheGamer

As far as settings go in my eNom CP, I am supposed to just set all prices to the same as what it costs me right? (e.g. I have 6.95 .COMs, so would I set it to 0.00 since WHMCS handles the billing?)

Can someone just tell me in general what I'm supposed to set my settings to with eNom?

Well, this is how that works, if you set it to $.0 then they pay nothing and you pay the bill. Now if you want to make a profit if the .com is say $8.99 you set it to a price higher then $8.99 that way you make a lil cash, and then WHMCS will show the price that you set and then you buy the domain and what not and keep the profit that you make!

That make some sense?

no, your suppose to set the prices to whatever you want to sell them as. The prices are just generic and have nothing to do with a specific registrar. The actual enom settings are as simple as a username and password if i remember correctly. You do have to register your servers ip with enom.com/help as well. Just submit a trouble ticket to them with the ip.

Oh sorry, I thought this was a support forum for people to get help.

lol...

What TheGamer is wanting to ask is about enoms reseller hosting he has questions about it, i dont use enom much so i cant help him

1) Its a different topic than the original post, thus is should be in a different post, in a different forum category.

2) It also has nothing to do with whmcs

3) The fact that he is even asking about using them is funny to me.

Would you like to tell me why its so funny? You were new at this once, too. ;)

The idea here is that I'm new to this, and had some questions, and am not as educated in this area as you. If you'd like to proove your knowledge then please do and answer my questions if you know the answer, otherwise please do not make fun of a 'newbie'.

Anyhow, I sort of thought eNom did have to do with WHMCS, seems how eNom and WHMCS are integrated together.

But forget it, I didn't realize it was such a pain.

Would you like to tell me why its so funny? You were new at this once, too. ;)

The idea here is that I'm new to this, and had some questions, and am not as educated in this area as you. If you'd like to proove your knowledge then please do and answer my questions if you know the answer, otherwise please do not make fun of a 'newbie'.

Anyhow, I sort of thought eNom did have to do with WHMCS, seems how eNom and WHMCS are integrated together.

But forget it, I didn't realize it was such a pain.

The companies have nothing to do with each other if thats what your wondering. And WHMCS only handles domain registration with enom, nothing else. A new server module would have to be made to work with enom's hosting api if it exists. I just dont think its a good idea to use a company such as that for hosting. Just as i would never recommend godaddy or such hosting to anyone.

WHMCS and eNom are not integrated into eachother. WHMCS is WHMCS and eNom is eNom. eNom provides an API for programmers to connect to their system and buy domain names. WHMCS uses that API to allow users of WHMCS to register domain names through enom, but that is it as to the extent of their "integration".

IMHO, reselling anyone for hosting is just losing yourself money. I started off by reselling someone elses plans, so of course, I did not make as much money, after about a year of that, I realized I could instantly increase my profits by almnost 200% by switching to a dedicated server and still have the room to grow and earn more profits on that one server.

With that being said, if you have zero experience managing web servers or can not afford someone who does, then this is not the route to take, yet. You also come to a cross on what kind of services you wish to offer? If you want to offer windows and MSSQL services, then a dedicated solution may be expensive to start with and reselling may be better. I guess the bottom line is, it depends on what you want to offer, your experience and your budget. All three of those factors will probably help you decide to go dedicated or resell.

I think the reason MAC thought that reselling eNom was funny is because it is. Here is why at least, eNom is a domain providor trying to take a piece of the hosting pie and using its huge customer base as an advantage. They are probably providing users a hybrid system that will have limitations for your customers and just cause you a pain in the ass (That is not from experience with eNom, I actually have no idea about them, but that is experience from similar resellers of hosting.). When you get that great idea for how to do this or that and make your customers extra happy, you will quickyl come to the realization that unless the reseller is providing it, you SOL.

Basically, those kinds of resellers on the large scale like that are just a waste of time. THey take a cut of your money, limit what you can do, control your customers, and that is a short list among a long one of things they do.

Hey TheGamer... Sometimes you have to have a tough skin here. MACscr is just being his usual, affectionate yet loved blunt self. Don't take it personal. We'll help you as much as we can.

Like I said, don't take it personally. Just go get a hand full of mud and sling it back... ;)

Welcome to the forums... :)

To make this as simple as possible.

eNom, Registerfly, GoDaddy, and all the other domain registerars are in no way affiliated with any billing system out there. Lpanel, WHMCS, ModernBill, they all are coded a way to have there system login to YOUR account at the domain registerar in order for you to register your domain. If WHMCS was an affilate with say Registerfly they wouldn't need you to make a user account at registerfly in order to buy domains but they do need you to have an account. WHMCS is just a backend type system that allows you to register domains from WHMCS through your account at Registerfly or the other registerars.

If that helps or make sense...

Think of it like this, Wells Fargo the bank allows you to go and look at your credit card information that is with other banks, make payments and what not from there web site if you are a client with them, but Wells Fargo is in no way affilated with those other companies, they simply provide you with a service that makes it easier for you to do what you need with just one site, and this is kind of like what WHMCS billing system does with domains!

That make it easier to understand?

Hey TheGamer... Sometimes you have to have a tough skin here. MACscr is just being his usual, affectionate yet loved blunt self. Don't take it personal. We'll help you as much as we can.

Like I said, don't take it personally. Just go get a hand full of mud and sling it back... ;)

Welcome to the forums... :)

I love you too. =P

*slings "mud" at Roger*