New have some questions

Xiode

First thing is I switched from lpanel.. I thought it was a decent program just oo much for my needs. I was wondering does WHMCS have the ability to update whm? Can make some changes to account packages in WHMCS and have it update WHM??? I haven't seen where I can do that. I am also having issues importing accounts from WHM. They keep failing...

I was wondering does WHMCS have the ability to update whm? Can make some changes to account packages in WHMCS and have it update WHM?

As long as the packages are already defined in WHM, you can upgrade/downgrade the account.

You can't modify a single aspect of an account such as disk space and have it update the account in WHM. This is a WHM/cPanel limitation - actually, WHM's API is very limited - it basically allows account creation, termination, suspension, package changes and I think password modifications.

OK I have another question.. I got that.. I imported from lpanel.. things got a little messy. I had to rematch all the clients with their domains. Does this have auto invoicing? Cause i got all these people setup in here and when I go to setup an invoice things are a little funny about it. I take it this will be automatically filled out when they use the sign up form. but since I'm setting this up I need a little help.

Payment Method

First Payment Amount

Recurring Amount

Billing Cycle

Next Due Date

Subscription ID

Status

Can someone explain these a litte.

Payment Method = This is how the person is being billed... If i set this on paypal subscriptions is the system going to create the subscription automatically. If I set it to invoices is the system going to create and send them out on the anniversary?

First Payment Amount = Do I mess with this? Is this like a setup fee?

Recurring Amount = I know this is the ammount that is going to be billed for every month, quarter, etc...

Billing Cycle = Understood. Frequency of payments

Next Due Date = is this the date that the current bill I am billing for date? Like today is 01/03/2007. If I set this to 01/01/2007 will the person be billed on the 1st of every month.

Subscription ID = How do I start the subscription since this is a new billing system.....? Would it be better to invoice and do subscriptions for new customers?

Status = Status is status... But will is it only updated when I hit the buttons above the notes field....

Well. I can't even get in atm......lt logged me out then when i try to login it just refreshes to the login page... no errors.. when I purposefully enter the wrong pass it tells me then i entered the wrong pass. Hopefully I can get this figured out so I can get this setup...

• WHMCS CEO

Payment Method - If you want to send your customers invoices you will need to use the PayPal Invoices payment gateway. If you set them to PayPal Subscriptions, WHMCS will not generate an invoice. Your clients will need to setup a subscription from the WHMCS Client Area if they don't already have one.

First Payment Amount - you won't need to worry about this field for imported clients

Next Due Date - This is the next date your client is due to pay. For example, enter 01/02/2006 and they will next be invoiced for 1st of February and then each month after that

Subscription ID - This field is for if you customers already have a subscription - if you redirect the callback you can enter the existing ID here and WHMCS will still track it.

Status - This should be set to anything but Terminated for invoicing to occur.

I had to rematch all the clients with their domains.

thats what happened when I tried to import using the lpanel script, there IS a problem...at least with our attempts.

could we be using a later version than someone provided you with for the development?

i would love to use 1.1, but i just downloaded it from the clients area the readme says as follows:

* Import Script Version: 1.0 *

* WHMCS Version: 3.0 *

* Release Date: 28 December 2006

i am guessing you dont have the latest version threre but somewhere else?