Get client id

MACscr

I am adding some additional pages to the client area and was wondering how i could get the user id or clientname of the currently logged in user. Any ideas? This is probably only something that Matt can answer, but i figured others might want to know as well.

• WHMCS CEO
ok, then why doesnt your sample page addition code work?

Yes, it does - glad you got it working.

Possible to find out if admin is logged in?

You can use $_SESSION['adminloggedinstatus'] to see if the admin is logged in.

I set up some smarty plugins to gather this info and other info, I can at least tell you how I did it...

$_SESSION['uid'] is what session variable stores the currently logged in User ID and you can then use that to get almost any info about the client whenever a variable is not available, ie...

if ($_SESSION['loggedinstatus']=="true") {

$client_info = mysql_fetch_all("SELECT firstname, lastname, companyname FROM tblclients WHERE userid = ".$_SESSION['uid']);

if (count($client_info)) {
   $firstname = $info[0]['firstname'];
   $lastname = $info[0]['lastname '];
   $companyname= $info[0]['companyname'];
 }
}

If you are doing this inside the WHMCS systm, the DB connection should have already been opened by the WHMCS headers and code, so all you need to do is request the info.

Hope that helps!

I set up some smarty plugins to gather this info and other info, I can at least tell you how I did it...

$_SESSION['uid'] is what session variable stores the currently logged in User ID and you can then use that to get almost any info about the client whenever a variable is not available, ie...

if ($_SESSION['loggedinstatus']=="true") {

$client_info = mysql_fetch_all("SELECT firstname, lastname, companyname FROM tblclients WHERE userid = ".$_SESSION['uid']);

if (count($client_info)) {
   $firstname = $info[0]['firstname'];
   $lastname = $info[0]['lastname '];
   $companyname= $info[0]['companyname'];
 }
}

If you are doing this inside the WHMCS systm, the DB connection should have already been opened by the WHMCS headers and code, so all you need to do is request the info.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, i was just double checking with matt so i didnt have to add another db hit if it wasnt needed. i like to keep them to a minimum

• 17 years later...