Thinking about buying WHMCS instead of ModernBill

vito

Question

Hi all!

Until now I was convinced about buying ModernBill, but someone told me about WHMCS and now I can start everything all over again. I heard a lot of good things about WHMCS, about Matt, and about the great support he provides, so I tried the online demo, and I like it!

I have some questions before buying WHMCS (I don't want to buy ModernBill after finding out how great WHMCS is), any reply is greatly appreciated!

First of all, a fast overview about my situation:

-I'm a registrar in Central Europe, and I would like to become an eNom and a Directi reseller

-I would like to use eNom and Directi for registering international domain names, and I would like to use Directi for DNS hosting (DNS management, E-mail / URL forwarding) for Central European domains

My questions:

#1 - Can I use 2 (or more) registrar modules at the same time? And can I set wich domains should be registered at eNom and wich domains at Directi?

#2 - If a client has 3 domains (a .com registered through eNom, a .net through Directi, and a .xx at my company, wich uses only the dns hosting service from Directi), is there any difference in the client interface for the 3 domains?

#3 - Is there any possibility to integrate full DNS hosting per domain (for Directi and eNom)? That would mean: DNS management, URL forwarding, E-mail forwarding. If such customization can be done, I would pay for it, because it would be a very important feature to me. I would be happy to pay for the developer of WHMCS (it's ok if it would be avaible for everybody), but if this is no option, than I'm going to look for a developer who can do this for me.

My goals:

I'm going to sell domain registrations and a few other services like SSL, etc., but I'm not going to provide server hosting or web hosting. I would like to use WHMCS as the only interface between the client and the domain.

2 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi there,

You can use any of the domain registrars supported by WHMCS to register a domain. At the current time, to actually process the registration of a domain, an admin must manually verify an order and confirm the domain registration request. At this point, you can choose the registrar you want to use to register that domain. It is planned for V3.1 to include an option to automate this if you choose.

With any of the registrars, your user has the option to change the nameservers and update the whois contact details on their domain. With Enom & RegisterFly, your client also has the option of setting the locking status of the domain (not supported by DirectI).

There is certainly the possibility of supporting DNS management, URL forwarding and email forwarding. If you would like to open a sales ticket to discuss that furthur we can talk over your exact requirements for it.

Matt