is this a secure script?

ppc

Question

Is this a secure script?

It seems like everything is being hacked these days....

I want to know if anyone has had any problems being hacked with this software, and anyone who is good at programming if they checked to see if this software is coded securely? Also, are the passwords all encrypted?

thanks

3 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO
I want to know if anyone has had any problems being hacked with this software, and anyone who is good at programming if they checked to see if this software is coded securely? Also, are the passwords all encrypted?

If they have, then no-one has reported it to us. All clients passwords and server passwords are securely encrypted in the database.

Matt

Any software can have vulnerabilities - it's a fact of life, the difference is in how many and how quickly they get fixed. Matt has always been extremely quick-responding and more than willing to help, I believe if a major vulnerability ever surfaced, he would have it fixed very quickly.

Do a google search for "whmcs security advisory" you'll see there have been issues in the past, but they are all for older versions and none that I have seen have been very serious or widely exploited. I'd feel safer with WHMCS than any other software out there for a number of reasons. Primarily, it seems to have been written better and works better than the others! :)