WHMCS Installation - Site Root Folder

lcarey62

Hi All,

Can WHMCS be installed in my site's root folder? If yes, can I move my current installation (in /billing folder) to my site's root folder so that I do not have to install from scratch? I want to build my entire site around WHMCS's template system and it's my understanding that any pages I create using the template system must reside in the WHMCS root folder.

Thanks,

Lou

Yes you can move your whmcs to your root folder, but you will need to log in to the client area (on this site), and reissue your licence, very simple to do, just click a button. If you got a licence from a reseller though, you will need to contact them to do it.

Thanks for the speedy and helpful reply Gareth!

No problem.

Should have also mentioned, once you've moved the files over, and re-issued your licence, you'll need to go to your whmcs install admin folder and reset your licence. It should come up with an licence error page when you go to the admin folder, follow the link to install the new licence (you'll need your admin username, password, and licence key).