actual monthly charges triggering

generic

I have a questoin about how whmcs charges. Coming over from lpanel, all i had to do was change the next due date, and on that date the charge would occur. (there are no invoices in lpanel until after the charge and you receive a successfull payment email)

Now onto whmcs, i did this and nothing occurred.

Here is what i did...

1. Yesterday i changed number of days to generate an invoice to two.

2. Under Products/Services I went ahead and set the next due date for one of my text accounts monthly recurrng date to tomorrow (which is now today) expecting that today the amount would be charged. (I did not generate an invoice).

3. Today nothing happened except one generated invoice for a test accounts due date 2 days from today (which was expected)

So my questions are what happened...

1. In order for a charge to occur, does there need to be an invoice first?

2. How do you all manage or change due dates for a situation like i described, would you then generate an invoice after you change the due date for a situation like this?

3. about the daily summary and cron, does the system trigger an invoice, then send out the email from the cron with your daily results, or do new invoices get created after the daily email so you wont see them until the next days summary.

I am learning, thanks...

• WHMCS CEO
1. In order for a charge to occur, does there need to be an invoice first?

2. How do you all manage or change due dates for a situation like i described, would you then generate an invoice after you change the due date for a situation like this?

3. about the daily summary and cron, does the system trigger an invoice, then send out the email from the cron with your daily results, or do new invoices get created after the daily email so you wont see them until the next days summary.

1. No

2. Just set the next due date and providing the payment gateway selected is an invoiced one (anything but PayPal Subscriptions) an invoice should be generated

3. New invoices created automatically by WHMCS each day are done by the cron and included in the email report.

Matt

perfect, thats the way i had hoped it would work,

checking further i have narrowed down that my cron has apparently quit working......i see it was triggered in my logs, so its something else that is not running right...

last i remember i set up the ssl switch. anyone else's stop working afterwards?

any known bugs/issues?

can i run this routine manually?

• WHMCS CEO

If you're running the V3 BETA, there is an issue that can cause the cron to terminate early. This will be corrected with the next BETA update. Until then, you can generate invoices from the button on the admin homepage.

Matt

If you're running the V3 BETA, there is an issue that can cause the cron to terminate early. This will be corrected with the next BETA update. Until then, you can generate invoices from the button on the admin homepage.

Matt

he already stated there is a fix, its just not out yet. Since beta version is only used for testing, this shouldnt be an immediate concern.