Domain Lookup Page

jas

When a user looks up a domain, if the domain name isnt taken, it would be good if it was made a little clearer, for example making the "Congratulations! domain.com is available!" text bigger and making the "Order Now" link into a nice shiney button.

Just to make things stand out a little more, because at the momment the main thing that stands out to me, is the verification image.

Hopefully those updates shouldnt be too hard to implement as it is only formatting for one and changing text to an image on the other.

Keep up the fantastic work Matt!

You need to keep it with a .tpl extention, but open it in wordpad/notepad, then it uses basic HTML and some template markup (for the SMARTY system). As for the exact part you need to change, I do not know right offhand, but I'm sure someone can look it up for you (or you can even try -- just be sure to backup the template file before you make any changes to it). If I get some more time later, I'll see what I can do.

Just a tip, never use wordpad for any file editing (besides txt and docs). Will only cause you headaches. I would recommend something like TextPad. There are probably some smarty friendly WYSIWYG. I think Frontpage will work fine as long as you dont reformat the code.

The issue your talking about though might more be a css issue though and not directly a html markup issue.

If you have a lot of changes that need to be made, you might want to consider hiring a smarty experienced designer like me. =P

Just a quick browse through it and i dont think that its something that is controlled in that file. As MACscr said i think it maybe a CSS issue. Or then again it could be my awful knowledge of HTML :lol:

If anyone can point out where needs to be change then it would be greatly appriciated, if not, thanks for you help thus far guys!

{if $available}
<table class="domainchecker" cellspacing="1" style="margin-top:15px;">
	<tr>
		<td class="domaincheckerbox">

{$LANG.domainavailable1} [b]{$domain}{$ext}[/b] {$LANG.domainavailable2}</p>

{$LANG.domainavailableexplanation}</p>

[url="order.php?passdomain={$domain}&passext={$ext}"]{$LANG.domainordernow}[/url]</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
</div>
{else}
<p style="padding-left:125px;color:red">{$LANG.domainunavailable1} [b]{$domain}{$ext}[/b] {$LANG.domainunavailable2}</p>
<table width="90%" bgcolor="#cccccc" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="15">
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#efefef">

[b]WHOIS Output[/b]</p>

{$whoisinfo}</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
{/if}

code is located in domainchecker.tpl

Just a tip, never use wordpad for any file editing (besides txt and docs)...

I would have to disagree with this -- often times Notepad can mess up your formatting (especially with certain FTP clients and the way they save files), so in order to preserve the formatting (line breaks, tabs, etc..), you have to open the file in Wordpad and then save it, then open it in Notepad and the formatting will be correct after you have saved it in Wordpad.

Just a tip, never use wordpad for any file editing (besides txt and docs)...

I would have to disagree with this -- often times Notepad can mess up your formatting (especially with certain FTP clients and the way they save files), so in order to preserve the formatting (line breaks, tabs, etc..), you have to open the file in Wordpad and then save it, then open it in Notepad and the formatting will be correct after you have saved it in Wordpad.

your actually wrong and thinking the opposite. Wordpad can introduce extra invisible characters in the file, causing spurious errors with the PHP interpreter. Its actually advisable to use neither and use a program like textpad or ultraedit.

{if $available}
	<tr>

[url="order.php?passdomain={$domain}&passext={$ext}"]{$LANG.domainordernow}[/url]</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
</div>
{else}
<p style="padding-left:125px;color:red">{$LANG.domainunavailable1} [b]{$domain}{$ext}[/b] {$LANG.domainunavailable2}</p>
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#efefef">

[b]WHOIS Output[/b]</p>

{$whoisinfo}</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
{/if}

Hmmm, Ive no idea what to change there, could anyone point it out? Would be really appriciated!

{if $available}
	<tr>

</td>
	</tr>
</table>
</div>
{else}
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#efefef">

[b]WHOIS Output[/b]</p>

{$whoisinfo}</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
{/if}

Hmmm, Ive no idea what to change there, could anyone point it out? Would be really appriciated!

No, seriously, we already held your hand enough on this. If you want to make custom changes to your templates, you should learn basic HTML. If you dont want to or have time to, then hire someone to do it. I hate to sound like an ass (i know, i usually do), but this is about as basic as you can get, especially when you advertise design services.

http://www.pcsmarthosting.com/design.php

Hmm really wasnt a need to be nasty about this was there. If it so basic then surely it would have been far easier to have just said what needs to be done that sit there and moan at me.

Really didnt expect it from this place as everyone has been so helpful.

The design aspect that pc smart hosting design services, isnt done by me. Its someone else in the company.

Overall i just think you could have been alot kinder about the whole situation.

• WHMCS CEO

The bit you need to look at is the code between

{if $available} and {else}

The actual code that prints text to the user is

You could change the

to <p style="font-size:18px;"> for example to make the text bigger or format it using any other HTML you want. For the button, you can use:

<input type="button" value="{$LANG.domainordernow}" onClick="window.location='order.php?passdomain={$domain}&passext={$ext}'">

(Topic Moved to Customisation Questions)

Matt

Hmm really wasnt a need to be nasty about this was there. If it so basic then surely it would have been far easier to have just said what needs to be done that sit there and moan at me.

Really didnt expect it from this place as everyone has been so helpful.

The design aspect that pc smart hosting design services, isnt done by me. Its someone else in the company.

Overall i just think you could have been alot kinder about the whole situation.

I am sorry if it seemed mean spirited as it was not meant to be that way. It was meant to be blunt though. You didnt get a bad response from "this place", you just got an unwanted response from me. I am not sitting here "moaning" because i felt it was easier than giving you the answer, I replied that way because i felt it was the needed response.