affiliats not generating sales from accts created by admin

generic

is there a new file or release?

additionally since I was unable to set up the client as a referral, is there going to be a way to add the affiliate at a later date and create that commission. If not can I go into the database and manually add in the fields values?

is there a new file or release?

additionally since I was unable to set up the client as a referral, is there going to be a way to add the affiliate at a later date and create that commission. If not can I go into the database and manually add in the fields values?

Remember that v3 is beta right now and is not supposed to be used in a production environment. Thus, you shouldnt be worried about changing it later.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

There will be a BETA R2 update in the first few days of January - lots of bug fixes and even some new features.

I have noted the other feature request for adding an affiliate after an order has been placed. I think I'll be able to add that functionality.

Matt

Cool Matt, thank you for considering that.

Remember that v3 is beta right now and is not supposed to be used in a production environment. Thus, you shouldn't be worried about changing it later.

MACscr, that remark was uncalled for.

I am not using it in a "production" environment, i have a complete system in place, and i had planned to migrate over the bulk of my clients once its stable.

I added one affiliate, one of my own accounts and one client who hosts 2 domains with me who was referred by the one affiliate. I picked these specifically to test out the system. I am also using $1. transactions over the next few days to test out the actual cc processing routine.

I do not expect t have to zero out everything and start from scratch with a final release, i expect to be able to pick up from where i am at.

Please remember, when you try to tell us what we should and should not worry about...... we to paid several hundred for this software, and are very happy to help it mature, but if persons with an apparent respected positions in the community as yourself start knocking those who catch bugs, offer feature suggestions and try to help the software grow, then ill take my business elsewhere and make sure i pass on my experience to others.

My question was a direct feature request to have the ability to add affiliates at a later date. I even went so far as to ask if i could manually insert the values in myself for now. I have authored several asp and php scripts and even sold one commercially this year. I clearly understand what beta is and don't need your sarcastic remarks. My post was appropriate.

Cool Matt, thank you for considering that.

Remember that v3 is beta right now and is not supposed to be used in a production environment. Thus, you shouldn't be worried about changing it later.

MACscr, that remark was uncalled for.

I am not using it in a "production" environment, i have a complete system in place, and i had planned to migrate over the bulk of my clients once its stable.

I added one affiliate, one of my own accounts and one client who hosts 2 domains with me who was referred by the one affiliate. I picked these specifically to test out the system. I am also using $1. transactions over the next few days to test out the actual cc processing routine.

I do not expect t have to zero out everything and start from scratch with a final release, i expect to be able to pick up from where i am at.

Please remember, when you try to tell us what we should and should not worry about...... we to paid several hundred for this software, and are very happy to help it mature, but if persons with an apparent respected positions in the community as yourself start knocking those who catch bugs, offer feature suggestions and try to help the software grow, then ill take my business elsewhere and make sure i pass on my experience to others.

My question was a direct feature request to have the ability to add affiliates at a later date. I even went so far as to ask if i could manually insert the values in myself for now. I have authored several asp and php scripts and even sold one commercially this year. I clearly understand what beta is and don't need your sarcastic remarks. My post was appropriate.

Your going to have to learn how to deal with my attitude then. Like my attitude or not, I have helped many many people in this forum.

As far as taking your business elsewhere, I do not work for whmcs and should not be considered in any way when judging whmcs.

Its extremely rare in with any script when betas are released or even RC's to have upgrade scripts from one version to another, or even to stable. While it is nice when they are available, its definitely not expected and of course delays releases. It would also be very troublesome to create an upgrade script between beta releases as well. Why would you want to upgrade a db that you know has bugs?

Bug reports are needed and the community and Matt definitely appreciate them. I also understand that you might not need my sarcastic comments, they will continue to be available to all for the taking. =P