login to control panel link

generic

the login to control panel link on the clients products/services page is not working properly on my server. its trying to log into web host manager using port :2086 in the link.

Is there a way to adjust the url of this link,

I checked my old system, lpanel, and they use a url consisting of the clients username and the root password for example:

http://000.00.000.000:2083/login?user=username&pass=rootpassword

and otherwise i believe cpanel is :2082 not :2086 right?

Let me explain the different ports cPanel uses to the thread opener, just in case he isn't clear.

2082: cPanel

2083: SSL cPanel

2086: WHM

2087: SSL WHM

So WHM should be on 2086 -- when you try to go to your serversip:2086, does the server reject it? It may be a case of your server's firewall not setup properly to accept this port (which is required for WHM).

Let me explain the different ports cPanel uses to the thread opener, just in case he isn't clear.

2082: cPanel

2083: SSL cPanel

2086: WHM

2087: SSL WHM

So WHM should be on 2086 -- when you try to go to your serversip:2086, does the server reject it? It may be a case of your server's firewall not setup properly to accept this port (which is required for WHM).

Or more its setup correctly to not use 2086 and 2082. You should always use SSL for cpanel and whm. All my servers are setup to only use 2087 and 2083.

the login to control panel link on the clients products/services page is not working properly on my server. its trying to log into web host manager using port :2086 in the link.

Is there a way to adjust the url of this link,

I checked my old system, lpanel, and they use a url consisting of the clients username and the root password for example:

http://000.00.000.000:2083/login?user=username&pass=rootpassword

and otherwise i believe cpanel is :2082 not :2086 right?

wow, i didnt even catch this before, are you seriously telling me that lpanel passed the root pass in a url? ROFL, no wonder they have been hacked so many times.