Assigning servers for reseller packages / web hosting packages

vj135

hi,

Scenario:

I have assigned a dedi IP to a reseller. So in WHMCS > servers > Edit server --- can i use THIS dedi ip there? or does it have to be the server ip?

for example:

xx.yy.zzz.101 -- ns1 (also server hostname ip)

xx.yy.zzz.102 -- ns2

xx.yy.zzz.103 -- ns3

xx.yy.zzz.104 -- ns4

xx.yy.zzz.105 -- DEDICATED ip -- can i use this in WHMCS to point to the server?

also in email client which ip address should i use?

the reason why i am asking is this:

A reseller account is created with a dedicated ip. Web hosting packages are created within this reseller account. So if i were to use WHMCS and assign this dedi ip in the server setup -- i think it would make sense that everytime i assign a hosting package it will create IT WITHIN THAT RESELLER account and not anywhere on the server.

Can you tell me if got the above right. OR do i need to use the server ip in WHMCS setup

THE DILEMMA however is:

IF i wanted to upgrade the RESELLER package with using the dedi ip -- will WHMCS get it right? OR should i create a new server with server ip address and assign this server for the reseller account AND all web hosting packages can be assigned to dedi ip address??

thanks