Facing severe issues with Directi and domain due dates

Boston

Hi,

We use Directi as our domain registrar and we are happy users of WHMCS. We used to use directisync to sync all the domain expiration dates with Directi so we would always have valid data when our domain expire. Before I took this feature to use, I made sure that directisync would only affect the domain expiration dates, not due dates.

It's important that due dates are kept the way they are, because we offer a free domain name with our webhosting packages and this system doesn't work correctly if the domain due date differs from the webhosting due date(otherwise whmcs creates an invoice for the domain worth 0 USD and renews it automaticly).

Some weeks ago I moved our site to a new server. Some days ago I noted that the directisync script was not running anymore.

I contacted whmcs support regarding this and we are still trying to figure this problem out.

Today I was shocked when our daily cron decided to renew 10 domains automaticly. I did some research and noted that almost all our domains due dates are set to expiration date or format 00/00/0000. All of these domains are registered at Directi. This is a massive problem for us because we have over 1000 domains under us. Even the slightest change in the free domain due date(so that it differs from the webhosting package due date) will cause our system to renew it for free.

Has anyone else faced this issue before? I have created a support ticket regarding this problem but have not recieved a reply yet.

I have froze our backups and now awaiting for whmcs reponse to my ticket.