Paypal Fees

ajm

Good Afternoon All,

Just a quick one regarding PayPal fees (UK), I would like to be able to charge the 3.4%+20p PP charge if a client selects paypal as their payment type.

I would like the 3.4%+20p added to the total (incvat), I don't make any money from the fees just pass them on directly to the client.

At the moment at the bottom of the invoice after the total Inc Vat we have "Total via PayPal" which is just the total (incvat) + 3.4%+20p.

Like most people seemed to have done with domains / web hosting is factor in the PP charges to pricing but we cannot do this as we would like to keep them as low as possible and have the option to pay via bank transfer which would have no fees.

We do mainly gaming related services, servers and dedicated servers etc.

How can I do this with WHMCS?

Thanks.

Edited by ajm

Good Afternoon All,

Just a quick one regarding PayPal fees (UK), I would like to be able to charge the 3.4%+20p PP charge if a client selects paypal as their payment type.

I would like the 3.4%+20p added to the total (incvat), I don't make any money from the fees just pass them on directly to the client.

At the moment at the bottom of the invoice after the total Inc Vat we have "Total via PayPal" which is just the total (incvat) + 3.4%+20p.

Like most people seemed to have done with domains / web hosting is factor in the PP charges to pricing but we cannot do this as we would like to keep them as low as possible and have the option to pay via bank transfer which would have no fees.

We do mainly gaming related services, servers and dedicated servers etc.

How can I do this with WHMCS?

Thanks.

a) Whmcs does not offer extra fees dependand on gw.

b) Check the paypal TOS. You may find someting interesting!

While reading the TOS of any service you join is a worthwhile endeavor I'll save you some time. PayPal (and any other payment processor I've ever heard of) strictly prohibit charging any type of fees for using that service. If anyone reports that you are doing this there is a very good chance you will lose your PayPal account.

You can give a discount based on the payment type used though.

He he.

If you carefully read what kelix is saying you can build the fees into all your prices but allow people that pay by direct credit a discount. Its just a "coencadence" that the discount is the same as the paypal fees ;)

But getting back to the orignal ? whmcs does not offer this functionality.

Aye, this is what I`m doing just offering a discount for non PP transactions!

WHMCS apparently can do it but I have to use the custom action hook and code it myself which I may do when I have some time, need to get the client data input on to this thing first!

Thanks for your help.