To Integrate WHMCS into existing site or build a site around WHMCS?

HostBizLng

Hello,

I probably don't understand really yet, but as I read documentation about customizing WHMCS, I read about adding custom pages to the client area or building an entire site around your WHMCS system.

My original idea was to build a site and integrate WHMCS into it.

Q: What are the basic advantages and disadvantages of building an entire site around WHMCS system compared to building separate site with WHMCS integrated into it?

I am new to WHMCS and web design and coding in general, so my apologies if many of my questions in this forum wouldn't be much helpful, to the rest of the users, at least for a while until I get my head around it.

Thank you!

First of all welcome to the WHMCS world, you'll love it!

Q: What are the basic advantages and disadvantages of building an entire site around WHMCS system compared to building separate site with WHMCS integrated into it?

All depends on your site.

I personally have a Joomla! install/site for my main site, so i liked the features of Joomla! for my www. But the features of whmcs pwn for the cart/customer management. Its all about the right tool for the right job.

I read about adding custom pages to the client area or building an entire site around your WHMCS system.

To sucessfully integrate a site to whmcs you only need to edit the template files. The main ones are header.tpl and footer.tpl. Editing these required basic html knowlege. More info can be found here in the wiki.

A spammer can offer this service at a un beatable price
As do the very people behind WHMCS

I would highly reccomend the integration provided by whmcs. Its so cheap that its not even worth bothering to do it yourself, also WHMSC is so cheap it dosn't hurt to give back. You can see more info about that and the other added services WHMCS offer here. They will customise the above files that i talked about and make your whmcs look like its an intergral part of your "normal" or "public" website.

Hope the above info helps you, if not post another ? and someone here will help ya out.

It really depends on your website. If you already have it designed, you really just have to edit the header.tpl and footer.tpl files in the /templates/ directory. If you don't have a website...you may want to design one first.

I would also highly recommend the WHMCS integration service. It is top notch.

Did some posts get deleted from this thread :?::?:?:?

I could swear I had replied :?

Anyway, I was merely going to echo what has been said, that the integration service provided by WHMCS is top notch, even if you only use it as a starting point.

We have used it as an initial starting block, then taken it from there, it saves you an awful lot of time, especially if you are new to it.