Tick this box to automatically take the user to the invoice

imaginit

I just tried this, unticked it, and it does in fact show a thank you page with a link to the invoice. Either Matt fixed this issue, or you have some other underlying problem.

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but:

Would it be possible to direct the user to the payment processor that they chose during signup (if its a 3rd party) instead of showing a confirmation page, or show a confirmation page with a large button (similar to the "Click to Continue >" button to keep consistency) to take them to the payment processor?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Ah! That would explain it. If you use PayPal Subscriptions or a credit card gateway like Auth.net then the customer will be taken directly to the gateway or credit card payment page regardless of this setting. The user is actually sent to pay rather than view the invoice in these cases.

The layout or style of the button and link on the order confirmation page can be edited via the template files if you have any particular requirements for it.

Matt

Is this a bug? Shouldn't it follow the configured options you set in the admin? So, even if paying with credit card, if it is approved, I would like to have to whatever page uses the order-complete.tpl file.

I think their should also be a check at the end of the payment process for what this option is set to and then take you to the invoice or the order complete page depending.

This order finished page is helpful to display useful getting started info and commonly needed links etc from to make it easier for the user to get a go on their accounts.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Ah! That would explain it. If you use PayPal Subscriptions or a credit card gateway like Auth.net then the customer will be taken directly to the gateway or credit card payment page regardless of this setting. The user is actually sent to pay rather than view the invoice in these cases.

Matt

I would like to see that for the 'PayPal Invoice' method as well. For most people that is paying by credit card as well.

IMHO this would justify a choice in the config to make this flexibe enough for everyone.

Maybe something like " forward to [] gateway or [] Invoice" ?

Cheers,

Ozzie

_____

Please remember: this is internet, but we are real people, working to provide you with the best.

Matt,

So are you saying that this will control a confirmation page with a link to the gateway?

Auto Redirect to Invoice [ ] Tick this box to automatically take the user to the invoice on checkout - alternatively displays link to open in new window

I assumed it was a link to the invoice.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks, Ozzie