Product description automation

Otura

Helo!

I've almost succesfully managed myself to integrate WHMCS with Joomla!.

My site shows in Joomla content items (articles) my products, retrieving them dynamically (througth a php script in the article) from de WHMCS database.

This way, if I change the price or the bandwith or whatever option in a product, it's automatically updated in my site frontend.

I'm wondering if there is a way to do this with product descriptions, at WHMCS backend.

It would be wonderfull to have some variables retrieving product name, prices, bandwith, storage and so on.

This way you can set this kind of description:

"[name] package offers you top class service, including [storage] MB of hard disk storage and [bandwith] MB/mo. of bandwith. And you're getting this at only [monthly] bucks/month!!!"

Instead of hardcoding this info and updating it each time you make a change in a product.

So, is this a question due my negligence (ie it's already possible :? ) or a feature request (ie it's still not possible ;) )?

To get the data automatically you'll need a couple of things.

1. a joomla module or component that reads and runs php scripts - there are a couple listed in threads in this forum. Do a search for threads containing joomla with posts made by me & you'll see a couple listed

2. Configuring the PHP script to connect to your WHMCS db (all here in this forum)

3. Gathering and the required content via MySQL lookups using php, and

4. presenting the required content in Joomla using the joomla mod or component.

Best of luck, shouldn't be too hard.

Sorry Otura, didn't read your post correctly. Just realised that you already ARE retrieving price details, not that you WANT to retrieve price details.

If you are already pulling variables for prices, then obviously you can.

How you grab the variable depends on your existing script. Are you currently pulling variables from WHMCS, or info direct from the db?