Invoice Notice Email - Hosting and Domain Notice different

jdwalte3

Question

Hi,

I currently have a few different billing methods:

1. Customers pay by CC each month automatically. This is the bulk of my client base and they do not need an Invoice notice however I have no issues with sending an Invoice notice a day or two before their automatic debit.

2. However, it is my understading that domain expiry/due notices will then also be due the day after the invoice notice is sent because there is currently no way to have different time spans for invoice notices and invoice due dates. Is that correct? I would not want clients getting their notice to renew their domain 1 or 2 days before their due date.

3. Finally, I have some other customers that I typically send a manual Invoice to approximately 30 days before their quarterly or yearly payment which may also include their domain renewal. Obviously, I do not want them receiving an invoice notice from whmcs 1 day before the due date. Any way around the Invoice notices for these types of customers?

Just a suggestion (and I am sure you get plenty of them) but it would be great if each product/domain for each client would default to the Invoice Generation timeframe/date in the Config Automation Settings, however, have an option to supress or change the Invoice Notices being sent on the Client Product pages.

Any possible work-arounds/ideas of how I could accomadate my customers would be great. Maybe I am just missing some features within WHMCS. Thank you.

Jon

5 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO
However, it is my understading that domain expiry/due notices will then also be due the day after the invoice notice is sent because there is currently no way to have different time spans for invoice notices and invoice due dates. Is that correct? I would not want clients getting their notice to renew their domain 1 or 2 days before their due date.

Not sure what you are referring to exactly here? Invoices are generated the number of days in advance of the due date that you set in the admin area, only if you set it to 1 day before will the user only get the invoice then.

Finally, I have some other customers that I typically send a manual Invoice to approximately 30 days before their quarterly or yearly payment which may also include their domain renewal. Obviously, I do not want them receiving an invoice notice from whmcs 1 day before the due date. Any way around the Invoice notices for these types of customers?

Again, the answer here is just don't set WHMCS to invoice them 1 day before. Set it for 30 days before then you don't need to do anything manually!

Just a suggestion (and I am sure you get plenty of them) but it would be great if each product/domain for each client would default to the Invoice Generation timeframe/date in the Config Automation Settings, however, have an option to supress or change the Invoice Notices being sent on the Client Product pages.

You can already set the number of days in advance invoices get sent.

Matt

Sorry for the confusion.

What I am saying is I don't want my main set of customer that are charged automatically on the first of the month (each month) to receive Invoice notices 30 days in advance (preferably no invoice notice) but I would like my domain renewal and quarterly/yearly hosting customers to receive notice 30 days in advance. There is only one place in whmcs to set the number of days in advance invoices get sent, correct? I was just stating that it would be nice to have the ability to modify that for specific products or individual customers...just a thought.

I think I have come up with a workaround.

Thank you.

Jon

For my first run of Invoices I am going to set the number of days in advance for invoices to 1. Then, I am going to create a dummy email account and just go into mysql, export the client table and change all the client email addresses to the dummy email account, run the invoices which will go to the dummy email account, then go back into mysql and plug back in the client table with the correct client email addresses, then change number of days in advance for invoices to 31 then run Invoices again. All of this will be completed on the first of January.

This will take care of a couple things:

1. customers that automatically pay on the first of the month will only receive an invoice for what is due on Feb 1

2. customers that have domain renewals in january will receive their invoice.

I am going to leave the days in advance setting to 31 days. This setup isn't "exactly" what I want but it is acceptable and much better than other systems provide.

Hope this info helps.

jon

Thanks, I have also decided to stick with the invoicing, i went in and changed the email templates to clearly indicate they are receiving an invoice for an upcoming bill (mine will be 3 days ahead) and I also indicate they should update their info as necessary to prepare for the cc charge on the date shown. (I am hoping to reduce the number of failures (I had one today due to an address change) with the 3 day notice/invoice. This might turn out better for me in the end :)