Invoice Observation and Domain Owner email

jdwalte3

Question

Hi,

I am eval'ing WHMCS and it looks quite promising. I have run into a couple observations that I hope someone can help with.

First, let me mention that I imported data from MB using the import script. It imported the customers correctly, however, there seemed to be some inconsist behavior for packages and domains so I just deleted all the packages and domains for each customer.

Observation 1:

I have customer "Bob" whom I created a domain name for and set it to expire end of this month for testing purposes. I go to the main home page for the admin section of WHMCS and see at the bottom that Bob's domain is listed as an upcoming domain renewal. I select "view all" next to "upcoming domain renewals". I then put a check box next to Bob's domain (the only domain listed) then select Send Message. On the next page the "To" field does not show "Bob" but rather a different customer. Anyone experienced this issue before? I am wondering of something with the MB import cause this issue.

Observation 2:

I set up a couple hosting accounts for customer Bob. I set the "next due date" for each hosting package to the first of next month then within the Automation Settings I have the Invoice Geration set to allow Invoices to be created this far in advance of due date. I go to Home, then at the bottom select Generate Invoices. Everything works fine, the invoice shows. However, if I go to "All Invoices" and delete the Invoice then go back to Home again and try "Generate Invoices" again it will not create the new Invoice. Is there a log or something preventing an Invoice from being generated twice even if the previous Invoice was deleted?

Jon

7 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Jon,

For your second issue, yes, if you delete an invoice, the item in that invoice has now been "invoiced" so will not be invoiced again. To have an item generate a new invoice, you must delete the item from the invoice in the list of invoice items. If you have deleted the invoice already, that will not be possible. To have an invoice now, you could change the due date to be one day furthur forward. That would work.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the fast reply. Much better than I can say for other system providers.

okay, i see how it works. I went into the db and deleted the relevant records in tblinvoiceitems and was able to Invoice those same items again.

So, if instead of deleting the items I could change the due date from the first to the second of the month then generate the Invoices. Then run the batch and for the following month the due date will go back to the first? (or would it stay at the second for the following months unless I manually edit it) (I do have automation settings set to recur on the 1st of each month)

Thanks!

Jon

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Jon,

No, if you manually change the due date to be the 2nd of the month then it would always be on the 2nd of the month from that point onwards. The prorata price is calculated and charged only when the item is first ordered by the client. On subsequent payments, it just charges the amount due and adds a month onto the next due date.

Matt