Admin folder, 2co spanish interface, "Powered by"

xTiNcTion

Question

Hi,

iam being doing a lot of testing in the quest of "the" billing system. finally i get my free WHMCS copy (15days :( consider increase trial days, seriously e.g 30d? :roll:)

my first impression is that whmcs is easy to use... yeah, and this is really important. i think it does what it have to does. so far i only been using whmcs for a couples of days.

Here are my first 3 questions:

1- is possible to change "admin folder" name? e.g admin > "secret word"

i'am thinking about it for security purpose. i dont mean whmcs is un-secure but it's better (i think) to change "admin section" to an "secret location" (or at least a hard-t0-guess).

2- we support 2 languange: english & spanish. is it possible to send order to 2checkout spanish forms or english forms depending on client selected language (at ordering)??

3. is it possible to remove "Powered by" line once i buy my license?? e.g 1-3 months later?

thanks in advanced!

10 answers to this question

If you buy WHMCS, its going to cost you $75 to remove the powered by line. If you have a monthly lease, its an additional $3 per month to have it removed.

Yes, 98% of the code is encrypted. The only files that i can think of off the top of my head that arent, are the smarty templates for the client area, the smarty library, the whois list, and the mailer classes.

Hi,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes

I would like to know how to do it, or you will do it for me?

2. Not by default, but by adding some code to the invoice template it could be possible

Matt

Thanks Matt,

I guess you are referring to this code:

{if $status eq "Unpaid"}

<font class="unpaid">{$LANG.invoicesunpaid}</font>

{if $allowchangegateway}
<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?id={$invoiceid}">{$gatewaydropdown}</form>
{else}
{$paymentmethod}

{/if}
{$paymentbutton}

and been an encrypted code i guess if i buy WHMCS you will do this for me, wouldn't you?

Just a reminder (as i'am sure you know about it) From 2Checkout:

2Checkout.com is pleased to announce the availability of its purchase pages in Spanish! This feature has been heavily requested and available for use...........

This parameter is called “lang” and the value should be “sp” for Spanish. The value “en” would then be used for English, but this is also the default language if there is not a language specified.

http://www.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/purchase?sid=XXXXXX&product_id=1&quantity=1&demo=Y&lang=sp

3. As datahosts says, powered by line removal can be ordered at any time

glad to know

thanks in advanced

• WHMCS CEO
I would like to know how to do it, or you will do it for me?

Just rename the folder. It's that simple and won't stop anything working. Just make sure you modify the cron command as necessary.

I guess you are referring to this code:

{if $status eq "Unpaid"}

<font class="unpaid">{$LANG.invoicesunpaid}</font>

{if $allowchangegateway}
<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?id={$invoiceid}">{$gatewaydropdown}</form>
{else}
{$paymentmethod}

{/if}
{$paymentbutton}

and been an encrypted code i guess if i buy WHMCS you will do this for me, wouldn't you?

Yes that is the code I was referring to. I could do it for a small charge or I was thinking you could just use a str_replace function to add it into the payment button code.

Matt

Yes that is the code I was referring to. I could do it for a small charge or I was thinking you could just use a str_replace function to add it into the payment button code.Matt

would it be possible to add this feature to the next release?? i think this could help WHMCS sales as "spanish based" client (using 2CO) would appreciate it.

and.. do you know when this new release will be ready??

• WHMCS CEO

Why can't the user just click on their flag once they've been taken to 2CheckOut? As soon as they see it's not their language and there's the list of all the flags at the top of the payment screen they'll surely just click on their one?

Matt

Why can't the user just click on their flag once they've been taken to 2CheckOut? As soon as they see it's not their language and there's the list of all the flags at the top of the payment screen they'll surely just click on their one?Matt

well, that flags are for Currency change and not for "interface language". Also, if you look carefully "spanish" is not included.

but why not add it now or for the next version if only some-code need to be added to invoice template and your product already support "spanish" & 2co; and we know 2co offers spanish based payment forms. see?

iam just trying to find a billing software that fit my needs and yours (WHMCS) seems to work the way i want. But it's NOT logical to offer a "SPANISH" based order forms and in the payment form (at 2CO) all is in english? wut? remember many clients only know spanish.

PD: i just read your PM.

Edit: typo