Can WHMCS do these?

Gizmo

Question

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether WHMCS can do the following:

1) I have already setup a couple of packages and accounts in WHM. Can the clients, their accounts, and also packages in general be brought into the WHMCS system?

2) If a client, for example, chooses a plan without Addon domains, and then at a later stage wants them added (possibly for a price) how would I go about adding this function to their account? Is it possible?

3) As well as hosting, can I setup something for people who want us to simply do a website design for them? Invoices etc for this process rather than hosting.

thanks for the help!

5 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Gizmo,

In answer to your questions:

1) I have already setup a couple of packages and accounts in WHM. Can the clients, their accounts, and also packages in general be brought into the WHMCS system?

No, WHMCS cannot import these accounts and packages automatically, however, you can manually enter them into the system from the admin area with all the details exactly as you want.

2) If a client, for example, chooses a plan without Addon domains, and then at a later stage wants them added (possibly for a price) how would I go about adding this function to their account? Is it possible?

Yes it is possible. For each package you create, you can create and assign an unlimited number of addons to this package. The customer can then order these addons for the package directly from his/her client area as they need them.

3) As well as hosting, can I setup something for people who want us to simply do a website design for them? Invoices etc for this process rather than hosting.

Yes, you can do this. WHMCS will support any products you wish to create, not just hosting so you can offer website design services, template packs, script installations etc... There is no limitation to the services you can offer and you can create a custom email message sent when each different type of product is accepted so you can make the system work for you how you want it to. Products can be set to have a One Time fee and as such will be invoiced just the once.

Let me know if you have any furthur questions.

Regards,

Matt

No, WHMCS cannot import these accounts and packages automatically, however, you can manually enter them into the system from the admin area with all the details exactly as you want.

So if I was to have created an account alrady in WHM called "account1", and let's say it is temporarily accessbile at:

http://www.mydomain.com/~account1 (although this is not important)

can I then create the same package and account in WHMCS and it will then control that original account created in WHM?

Apologies if that sounds completely wrong, I'm just trying to get my head round how the system works :D

Yes it is possible. For each package you create, you can create and assign an unlimited number of addons to this package. The customer can then order these addons for the package directly from his/her client area as they need them.

If I created a package with addon domains in it (say 3) would the client whose account uses this package not then automatically have access to those addon domains?

And if I created a package with none in it, and they request one, if I were to add an addon domain to the package, would that not automatically effect any other account that uses this package?

Or does it not work like this?

Yes, you can do this. WHMCS will support any products you wish to create, not just hosting so you can offer website design services, template packs, script installations etc... There is no limitation to the services you can offer and you can create a custom email message sent when each different type of product is accepted so you can make the system work for you how you want it to. Products can be set to have a One Time fee and as such will be invoiced just the once.

Great, thanks

Does all the above make sense? :shock:

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Yes, it all makes sense. WHMCS will control any accounts you enter manually. The control is done using the domain and username entered so if you enter your accounts along with the cpanel username for each one then it will be able to control the accounts fully allowing you to suspend, unsuspend and terminate them from WHMCS.

As for you second question, I think there may be some confusion here. When you create your packages you can set the features the package comes with by default such as 2 addon domains and 1 parked domain. After selecting a package, the customer can then choose any addons they want. For example, say the default package has 2 addon domains, you could have an addon of an extra 2 addon domains at $5/month. The user could then order this during the order process or from their client area at a later date when they need it and then you would need to manually add these extra addon domains to the account using WHM's Modify Account feature after receiving the order and its payment.

Does that make it clearer?

Matt

Great, the first bit makes sense now!

then you would need to manually add these extra addon domains to the account using WHM's Modify Account feature

So, for the second, could I setup a package (for example) that has no addon domains. Then setup an account for the user based on that package.

Then, 2 months later when the user says they want 2 addon domains I can add 2 addon domains to their account and not to the original package (as adding it to the original package would give everyone who originally had none 2 addon domains)?

If so, great news, thanks!

:D

• WHMCS CEO

Yes, that's right. The user could order a hosting addon for the domains from WHMCS. You would get the order. You login and see what hosting account it is for in WHMCS. You then login to WHM, go to modify account, choose the domain you want to modify and then change the allowed addon domains quota. You then accept the order in WHMCS to acknowledge you've accepted it and updated it.

Let me know if you have any furthur questions.

Matt