Restrict Affiliate Access

kpelham

I want to remove a lot of the client area links (like downloads) so that affiliates do not have access to them...only hosting clients.

If I remove them from the header template, it would remove them from all the client area pages...right?

That wouldn't work...

thanks!!!!

I think what I need to do is figure out how to isolate the affiliate page and set up the client area links I want them to have access to. Maybe put it in another folder.. dunno

I could be wrong, but it looks like the suggestions you are making will effect the whole client area. I want to remove access to certain areas of the client area from the affiliates.

I think I see now. You have affiliates who are not clients. Just do a database check on the top of the pages that you want to restrict to see if they are in the affiliates table (and don't have any products or domains) if so display an access denied message (will only display if they manually find the page.) then do the same check for the menu and homepage template to show a different menu based on the same database query.

On a side note why would you not want to encourage your clients to become affiliates and your affiliates to also become clients?