Forum X project.

VicToMeyeZR

I am setting up an SVN for a Forum integration project. This is to help whmcs system, to be a CMS(content Management System) on top of how powerful of a CMS(Client Management System) that is already is..

This is a free project and will remain a free project, but if you are interested in participating, please send me a PM(with your qualifications) and I will add you to the list.

Maybe Matt will take this when it is complete. :)

I don't have a preview yet, as I(and my other developers) are still working on code. But integration, I mean it is part of whmcs. I added a custom field for customers to input a forums username. I also added fields in the database for forums. This system will be part of whmcs. It will run as a mod. Have an admin page, as well as template files. It is very time consuming, and I still don't know if it will work 100%.

By 50% complete I mean we are about that far on the basic coding required for integrating it and getting a template page to work. I don't know how in depth it will be, but I am motivated to have this, as it is the only thing stopping me from only having my site run whmcs. I have already built all the custom pages, and links for the site... With how easy it is to build template for whmcs and add content, I figure a forums is all that is missing.

And I hate having a forums that isn't part of the main site. I think it looks noobish to have a forums.yoursite.com... nothing against anyone. :) Just my personal likes. I like a site that has the same login for everything. Forums, users, clients, etc... Thats what I am working towards. (and yes, whmcs updates will be fun) lol

Edited by VicToMeyeZR

My test site is http://host-daemon.com

It is always changing, so if you are ever interested in the projects in hand, check there, and surf around.

Forums intergration is in a slightly different directions. http://host-daemon.com/forums

It should look familiar. ;) This may be the best option. We are still looking at what will work best.

• 3 weeks later...