Automatic Mark as Paid for PayPal Subscriptions

I updated all my Paypal subscriptions with their respective Subscription ID and yet every time a subscription is paid WHMCS does not recognize that it has been paid. I have to manually do it. I thought the reason for the Subscription ID was so WHMCS would know of the payment and automatically Makr it as Paid?

Am I wrong?

• WHMCS CEO

You should check the gateway log in Transactions > Gateway Log. Chances are that WHMCS is not receiving a callback when these payments are made as if the subscriptions were created with a billing system that defines the callback url for that payment when it is setup, the callback is only ever sent to this address - changing the IPN address in your PayPal profile would not change it.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

According to PayPal, there is no way to determine the url PayPal is sending the notification to from their side. Assuming you switch from another app, you would need to look at the link they display on the order form for the user to create a subscription as this will contain an option "notify_url" and this is where the callback will be being made.

I can then make a two file package to allow callbacks to work by placing files in that location.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...