WHMCS + My Teamplate + Integration

DennisB

Hello I have some questions and I would like to get some answers lol...

Well first of all my website is http://www.maxdhost.com and I would like to integrate http://www.maxdhost.com/mclients with my http://www.maxdhost.com template. Can you guys walk me through and tell me what should i do to integrate WHMCS with my template? Please...I would like to put WHMCS into something like this: http://www.maxdhost.com/index-1.html where it says Web Hosting Packages, I want to say Order and then the order form belwo in that content. Please guys help me out.

First off, welcome to the WHMCS forums.

I've seen the static version of that template, but the Flash version looks really good.

Your server was up and down while I was trying to check it out. Unfortunately Google doesn't have your site cached yet so I couldn't get past your home page without timing out.

Forget about the order form and client area until you're satisified with the header and footer. If you crop out the top part of your Flash banner you can use that as your header. Set up your links and link the .swf to the header.tpl file. You already have a footer so you can just pick that up and put it in footer.tpl. The rest of the integration involves HTML, PHP and CSS editing.

I'm not sure if you could run WHMCS from the root directory with a link like index-1.html (it would have to be index-1.php anyways). As you've probably noticed the core of WHMCS is encoded and cannot be changed. Most people run WHMCS from a directory like domain.com/whmcs or a subdomain like whmcs.domain.com. On the other hand, I've seen sites where WHMCS is installed in the root directory and they designed their site around WHMCS. Personally, I run it from secure.domain.com which is where I have my SSL cert installed. Where you put your WHMCS installation and what you call the directory is a personal choice.

I'm not sure if that cleared up anything or just made you more confused. However, WHMCS.com does offer an integration service, as well as the Knowledgebase and this support forum. Use the search function here, most questions I've had so far have already been answered. There are also a few members here who offer private integration services. From what I've read, people were happy with their integration from WHMCS.com and you might want to keep that in mind....depending on how quickly you need to have your site completed. You'll need to have some patience with WHMCS as you can customize a lot more than you'd think....you just have to keep digging. I've been working on mine for a month and not only am I still not done, I'm still finding more areas to customize and enhance.

Anyways, good luck.

~YC

Hello, thank you for warm greeting. My server was down today in the morning Im not sure why...And yea it kinda cleared me about the integration but still dont know exactly where to start. And I know there is a service to integrate it for me but I would like to learn by my self and also dont have that much money right now.

I see you already changed the header image, that's a good start. You'll notice that the templates are HTML-based, so if you wanted to add a menu under the banner you would just insert a new <tr> row into the <table> in header.tpl. Same goes for your footer. You can just copy and paste the rows of your current footer into the <table> in footer.tpl.

You can add as much as you want to your .tpl files, and you can also remove sections you don't want. The first thing I did was remove the horizontal menu of links below the banner because I already had those links in my own menu. If you're going to remove code, I suggest you first comment it out with and make sure everything still works. Then once you're comfortable with the changes, you can remove the old code altogether.

Keep experimenting with the templates, change a little at a time and check to see what it did. You should probably make a backup copy of your WHMCS folder every few hours/days so that you can fall back on it if you mess something up.

As for your Order buttons on index-1.html, once you create a product you'll have a Direct Order Link that you can use. You can use that link with your order button and the customer will automatically be taken to step 2 of the order process for that product.

Some tips:

- All of the WHMCS text is located in its respective file in the /lang directory. Any text you want to modify/add/remove can be done through here. Note that the language file will also read HTML code, so you can add in tables, links, javascript, etc. Or you can add your own text/code directly to the .tpl files, it is up to you.

- There are no templates for the Admin section but it can still be slightly customized. You can change the banner, edit the CSS stylesheet, and modify the javascript files (for the menus, among other things).

- Any .php file with a big block of random characters in it means it is encoded and cannot be altered. If you modify these files WHMCS will not work. Almost all .php files within WHMCS are like this, except for the /libs directory.

Keep us posted on your progress.

:D

~YC

Maybe its just me, but you really need to make sure that flash header only loads one time per visit. its pretty annoying to hear those sounds and see it load on every page.

I know how annoying those templates can be to edit, so good luck on them as I know they have definitely caused me some frustration.

• 4 weeks later...