Required fields

YodaCows

I'd like to change some of the fields on the sign-up form to "unrequired".

I see I have the option with new custom fields, but what about the pre-existing fields?

I'm looking at order-signup.tpl but I don't see what designates the field as required.

~YC

Edit: I just noticed if I add a customer manually, none of the fields are required. What's the deal with that?

• WHMCS CEO
I'd like to change some of the fields on the sign-up form to "unrequired".

I see I have the option with new custom fields, but what about the pre-existing fields?

Unfortunately, you can't change the required fields when a client signs up.

I just noticed if I add a customer manually, none of the fields are required. What's the deal with that?

As an admin, it should be your decision what fields you can add. For example, maybe you just know the clients email and password and will instruct them to insert their information when they first login. I don't think there's a problem with having all the fields as optional in the admin area.

Matt

As an admin, it should be your decision what fields you can add. For example, maybe you just know the clients email and password and will instruct them to insert their information when they first login. I don't think there's a problem with having all the fields as optional in the admin area.

Even if we instructed them to enter their information, it's not required in the Client Area either.

I don't think the lack of required fields for the admin is a problem either, I was just pointing out that we have total over one sign-up form and no control over another.

Any chance you could implement an editable order form in the next release?

Not all hosting companies "require" the customer's telephone number, among other things.

Thanks.

~YC

• WHMCS CEO
Even if we instructed them to enter their information, it's not required in the Client Area either.

I think you'll find it is. The same fields that are required when signing up on the order form are required in the client area.

Any chance you could implement an editable order form in the next release? Not all hosting companies "require" the customer's telephone number, among other things.

While this may be true, most do. There is however an easy way to solve the problem and this is done via the templates. Just open the template file, set the field type from "text" to "hidden" and give it a default value of "00000" - that way the customer will never even see it.

Matt

I think you'll find it is. The same fields that are required when signing up on the order form are required in the client area.

My mistake, I didn't see the asterisks and assumed it meant nothing was required.

While this may be true, most do. There is however an easy way to solve the problem and this is done via the templates. Just open the template file, set the field type from "text" to "hidden" and give it a default value of "00000" - that way the customer will never even see it.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

~YC