Footer Template Editing

fearz

Hello, I'm new this system and I am pretty fascinated by it, lots of features, now i'm trying to edit footer.tpl in templates/portal/footer.tpl and make the {$companyname} to be a link that would take my clients back to index.php

I searched everywhere to try and make my customers go back the main index, but couldn't find any URL. so i thought about adding it to 1. the footer of the company name and the header of the image (whmcslogo.png) - I only could change the alt attribute of the image but if i try to add a ahref code, the image or the company name dissappear.

I tried to make the changes then delete everything in the template_c folder and refresh but still no luck.

I'm using portal as my default template.

footer.tpl looks like this:

</td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="footerbar">

<tr><td><table width="950" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"

align="center"><tr><td><strong><a href="http://domain.com/index.php">{$companyname}</a></strong></td><td><div

align="right">{if

$langchange}{$setlanguage}{/if}</div></td></tr></table></td></tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

--------

the source code of the page itself looks like this:

<p align="center">Powered by <a href="http://www.whmcs.com/" target="_blank">WHMCompleteSolution</a></p></td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="footerbar">

<tr><td><table width="950" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"

align="center"><tr><td><strong><a href="http://domain.com/index.php">domain</a></strong></td><td><div

align="right"><form method="post" action="/customer-service/index.php" name="languageform"><strong>Language:</strong> <select name="language" onchange="languageform.submit()"><option value="Italian">Italian</option><option value="Portuguese-br">Portuguese-br</option><option value="German">German</option><option value="Spanish">Spanish</option><option value="Norwegian">Norwegian</option><option value="English" selected="selected">English</option><option value="French">French</option><option value="Danish">Danish</option><option value="Dutch">Dutch</option><option value="Swedish">Swedish</option><option value="Turkish">Turkish</option><option value="Portuguese-pt">Portuguese-pt</option></select></form></div></td></tr></table></td></tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

----------------------

the problem is "domain" is not showing it dissappears.