Add Additional Feel For Offline CC Payments

stevewilliams

Anyone who utilizes any sort of virtual terminal or offline credit card processing knows that it costs a little more to do that.

I have offline credit card setup as a payment gateway. I was wondering if there was a way to add a service charge for this.

For me, I would like to add a $3 processing fee for all offline credit card transactions.

I searched the forums but could not find if this is an option somewhere or if there was a way to do that.

Any suggestions?

It does not say where you are located in your profile, but if you are in the United States and certain other countries, you cannot add a fee for accepting credit card payments. There are some countries that allow that. So it depends where you are.

You can, however, offer a cash discount in the U.S., although I don't see any way to do such a thing in WHMCS.

And I am wondering why, if you have a merchant account, that you do not also have a gateway? If you use a supported gateway such as LinkPoint or Authorize.NET, you can set it up so that people pay online.

Also, what payment methods are you using? PayPal is typically more expensive that transations processed through your virtual terminal, so I am not sure why you would say your offline credit card processing would be more expensive... unless you are only accepting checks or something like that.