How to write API code to automatically set new orders to Active instead of Pending

docex

Yes, yes, yes I know the "security" issues of instant setup on new hosting accounts I've read about over and over but I have decided that I need all new orders once the first payment is received to be set as "Active".

(Just another way of automating the system for me)

Can someone help me out on how to do this? I would REALLY appreciate it.

**NOTE: In the product server settings, I have "automatically create the account as soon as the order is placed", but the status still remains "Pending" until I manually go in and approve it.

I need to automate this process somehow.

So far, this is the API code that I have, but it still keeps the orders as pending:

<?php

function none_ConfigOptions() {
   $configarray = array();
   return $configarray;
}

function none_CreateAccount($params) {
return "success";
}

function none_SuspendAccount($params) {
return "success";
}

function none_UnsuspendAccount($params) {
return "success";
}

function none_TerminateAccount($params) {
return "success";
}

?>

P.S.- Im not trying to setup an account on a server, just using WHMCS to keep track of clients/billing/etc. I have an external script that I use in conjunction with WHMCS.

you can NOT do this using the API. You also don't ever need to change that flag, the account works fine and get created. There's no API function to even check any other values in the database to see if the customer's account is active, paid-up, and ready. I had to write a few extra API functions that directly accessed my WHMCS MySQL database and checked a whole bunch of stuff to work it out.

In any case, why do you wanna change them from "Pending" to "Active"?

basically, use this to get an array of orders that are currently set to "Pending"

function whmcs_useridToPendingordersArray($whatUserId)
{
	global $db_host, $db_user, $db_pass, $db_name;
	$conne = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass) or die ('Error connecting to mysql');

mysql_select_db($db_name);

$query  = "SELECT invoiceid FROM tblorders WHERE userid = '". $whatUserId ."' AND status = 'Pending'";
	$result = mysql_query($query);
	$hatten = 0;
	while($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {
		$dome[$hatten] = $row['invoiceid'];
		$hatten++;
	}

mysql_close($conne);

return($dome);

}

and then this to get an array of orders that are overdue in payment

function whmcs_useridToUnpaidinvoiceidArray($whatUserId)
{
	global $db_host, $db_user, $db_pass, $db_name;
	$conne = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass) or die ('Error connecting to mysql');

mysql_select_db($db_name);

$query  = "SELECT id FROM tblinvoices WHERE userid = '". $whatUserId ."' AND status = 'Unpaid'";
	$result = mysql_query($query);
	$hatten = 0;
	while($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {
		$dome[$hatten] = $row['id'];
		$hatten++;
	}

mysql_close($conne);

return($dome);

}

then, if an order is "Pending" but is NOT "Overdue", then it must be active and working fine.

The reason I want to set the account status to "Active" is because for some reason no matter what I select the welcome email for each product, the default "Order Confirmation" email is sent.

I DO NOT WANT THE DEFAULT ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL SENT!

The only way I can get the custom welcome emails to be sent is if the product is set to "Active" and you have the button to send welcome email, in which case, the proper welcome email is sent.

I'm going above and beyond the necessary requirements just to get the custom welcome email to be sent, thats all.

You can disable the order confirmation email when you edit the email template.

Right, and since the order confirmation email is the only one thats sent, when I disable it the customer does not receive the default order conformation emai OR my custom welcome email, so Im screwed.

um, just use the API's "send email" function? That's pretty obvious to me.

Yes, but I do not know how to do that. Ive read the wiki, documentation,etc.

If someone could just write and API send email function I would have this issue fixed and be extremely greateful!