Cron Job Not Working

wehostem

I tried the php cron job first and later that night when it ran I got this as the message:

/bin/sh: 0: command not found

So I read in this forum and Matt mentioned to someone else to try the other lynx cron job, so I put that in place, and removed the php cron.

Later that night it ran and I got tha same message:

/bin/sh: 0: command not found

Me too....I have this problem !

Also, I am getting cron job summaries sent to my sent from WHMCS...

Cron Job Report for 21-11-2006 12:00:30

0 Invoices Created

0 Invoice Payment Reminders Sent

0 Subscription Payment Reminders Sent

0 Accounts Suspended

0 Accounts Terminated

0 Tickets Automatically Closed

How do I turn these off ???

I should of tuned back into this message sooner, I got it working. Matt suggested I do it like:

php -q /home/.....................

instead of the:

/usr/bin/php -q /home/........................

which worked fine. I actually test this before Matt got back to me, but just so everyone knows, it is working now and you can disreguard this post.

Hi,

If you are getting that email message then you can't be getting the error above. The error above says the cron isn't running but if you get that email it most certainly is. There is no way to disable the email.

Mat

Just an idea...would adding " >/dev/null 2>&1" to the end of the the cron command work (at disabling the emails)?

Marablue,

I think the confusion is that people are thinking the successful cron emails are coming from cron, but they are actually being sent by whmcs, so you cant simply disable them through the cron command. The best thing to do is to setup a customer filter in cpanel to send those particular emails to /dev/null

Marablue,

I think the confusion is that people are thinking the successful cron emails are coming from cron, but they are actually being sent by whmcs, so you cant simply disable them through the cron command. The best thing to do is to setup a customer filter in cpanel to send those particular emails to /dev/null

On my system they're each labeled pretty clearly, the WHMCS one comes from "WHMCompleteSolution" and the subjectis "WHMCS Cron Job Activity",

whereas the one from the cron itself comes from the "Cron Daemon" and lists the cron's path in the subject line.

The one from the Cron Daemon doesn't contain any useful information, other than showing the cron ran, so as you say, best to send those to /dev/null.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not getting any notifications about my crons running or not running. I did though check the /var/log/cron and it does show the cron running.

I have before tried manually just opening domain.com/whmcsinstall/admin/cron.php in the brower and it appears to generate invoices, etc, but i still dont get a summery email. Any ideas?