Kayako + WHMCS administrative integration?

Speedy059

I would just like to check if anyone has successfully integrated Kayako and WHMCS on the administrative level. Right now I only see integration at the end user level which is very limited. As an administrator we would like to see something that will allow you to view Kayako tickets within the WHMCS admin login area so it can make it easier to see the clients products/service details without having to ask them to give us their information and making them wait longer for a resolution.

Is there something already out there? We bought Kayako with all the bells and whistle addons but decided not to use it because of the lack of integration within the administrative side of things.

Unfortunatly it's not a mod on any single end.

If you have an owned kayako you may be able to modify the code to get the data.

You could also create your own PHP script to poll the database and generate a display and have it in a admin module.

Unfortunatly since the admin templates are non-editable you can't include it just anywhere and it would have to be in the module section which just makes it easier to log into Kayako and have full functionality.

Just an update on this...

I've looked into it in more depth and it looks like it is possible to do currently.

I've created a bridge that essentially compares WHMCS admin credentials to SupportSuite staff credentials and will log them in accordingly.

I've also followed a method similar to the client integration and have been able to draw the Staff area into WHMCS's Admin area.

HOWEVER, due to encoded SupportSuite files the entire staff area is visible in WHMCS (including the header logo etc).

The issues that i'm having are to do with session handling (which allows the proper data to be drawn off of SupportSuite) and they can possibly be handled in two ways; one on the Kayako end and one on the WHMCS end.

It *should* be done on the Kayako end but depending on what Varun comes back with i may ask Matt if he can make the modifications on his end.

Just to be clear, because of hardcoded Staff templates in Kayako you would need to have an OWNED version of SupportSuite to even begin to integrate unless Kayako updated their entire distribution.

In summary, it looks promising but as with any integration the it is only as strong as it's weakest side.

Oh, and BTW, currently Kayako isn't scheduling the ability for Staff/Admin integration until V4 (whenever it's released) soo i doubt this would become an official mod.

Regards,

J

Edited by nielsenj
Additional information

This may be something that might as well wait until V4 then. It would be a waste of time if all this work was done and then V4 came out a month later and having to revamp this would be a double task.

However if you did do this you would be the first and would monopolize it pretty quick and could charge a pretty penny for this integration module.

Frankly the only reason i'm looking into it is because they initially said it would be available in 3.1.

We know how long it took them to come out with a basic WHMCS integration before and from the wording it looks as though they will only be implementing a LoginShare, so no integration. By the way, i've already implemented a loginshare so that's already possible. They just don't have a module setup for it.

I'm basically just curious as to how far it can go simply because they say it can't be done at the moment ;)

I'm not doing it to make money, i don't charge for my mods.

The worst thing is because WHMCS is encoded you can't change the links, to suit the Kayako structure. That would be a whole lot easier than having to modify the hard code in the 30+ files that involve the Kayako Staff section.

In any event, we'll see how far it goes.

Regards,

J