inactive clients with active accounts?!

wise

Hi

Just imported a few hundred clients into WHMCS - seemed to go well. However it also imported old clients too.

What I am trying to do is set the old clients as inactive in WHMCS - which I have managed manually (took ages!). However it still shows their packages as active??

ie - john smith is inactive, but has active accounts for hosting

How do I fix this - it should be marked as terminated I would have thought?

You should set each of their packages as terminated, then it should be fine.

thing is that there are couple hundred - I really dont want to have to do that to each?? Surely inactive clients shouldnt have packages that are active?!

You have a good point there. Perhaps Matt can help you with this. Maybe you should submit a support ticket and ask him this same question.

• WHMCS CEO
it should be marked as terminated I would have thought?

I don't think it should. Just because the client is inactive which basically means they cannot login in terms of WHMCS - their account while it could be set to terminated in WHMCS would be left on the server. I would have thought you would want to actually terminate the account on the server. I think probably except for during an import this would not be an issue. Should be able to create some SQL code for you to set them all to terminated though in this situation.

Matt

got the code thanks - will try it out shortly. In answer to your reply - I would disgree (my own opinion). In the first instance I would suspend the package - allowing the user to still login and pay the bills, if they didnt I would then set their account to inactive and would have expected the packages to be the same?

I cant think of a reason to lock someone out of WHMCS but still keep their hosting account live ...