Support ticket and email question

huaren

Hello, I'm new to how the support system will work.

Currently, if a customer submit a ticket, I will receive it and I simply reply him in the ticket control panel. The customer receives the notification email, this time he did not post his respond on the support desk, he respond to the email directly. I receive the email from him, however it is not added to the ticket that he submitted.

Is there any way when customer reply to the same ticket through email and it will be automatically added to the ticket system?

I see the Pipe feature, and POP3 importing configuration, I dont know how this will work, and Really appreciate your help!

How can i get this to work?

Regards

I have the Pie system working.

When he replies to the email it is piped through the ticket system because he is sending it to the email address associated with that department.i.e. support1, support2, sales, accounts etc.

I have 4 departments each with their own email address. Each with a forwarder setup.

EG.

accounts1@mydomain.com to | php -q /home/mydomain/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

BTW I am using the 'Ticket Importing using Email Forwarders:' method.

This works well and I haven't had any probs.

Set it up and then test test test....

Tony

PS. I think WHMCS is bl**dy fantastic.

here is how my setup goes.

http://www.mydomain.com is my main domain

and my email addresses is support@mydomain.com

my WHMCS installation is on a subdomain which is host on another server:

support.mydomain.com

In my case, can I still get support@mydomain.com email pipe work? or I need to use an email address from support.mydomain.com example: support@support.mydomain.com

thanks for your help!

There is an option where whmcs will check a pop account located on another server. This means that every email to support must be handled by WHMCS ticketing system.

Why not make another email tickets@support.domain.com and then have all the tickets use that address. So then if they reply to the tickets it goes into whmcs but if someone emails your support out of the blue you still get it.