Autologin to WHMCS

webarena

Hey all,

I've tried looking in the forum, but can't find anything like what I want, so hoping you all or Matt might see this and be able to help. We want to be able to pass a URL to the client area of WHMCS so that it will log the user in automatically. Something like https://example.com/clientarea.php?login=blah&password=blahblah

What we are trying to do is integrate our existing Plesk control panel along with one of our own in house systems with WHMCS and we only want the user to login once. We already have it so that we can login to Plesk and our internal system with one login but can't seem to figure out how to login to WHMCS automatically. this is really the last sticking point for us to put this into action the way we want, so was hoping someone else might have some knowledge on this. Thanks for any help :)

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently having some custom coding done for DirectAdmin that can do this securely. This utilized an API call that WHMCS can use to seamlessly pass a user from DA into WHMCS via a link within the DA panel without having to go through another login.

Have you checked with Plesk to see if they provide anything along these lines?

Well, WHMCS doesn't really have one, but DirectAdmin does. That's why I need the custom code to insert in my WHMCS panel so that it can use the DA API call.

For WHMCS alone, you would have to use the link with user/pass in it, which is probably a bad idea as others have said...

Well, WHMCS doesn't really have one, but DirectAdmin does. That's why I need the custom code to insert in my WHMCS panel so that it can use the DA API call.

For WHMCS alone, you would have to use the link with user/pass in it, which is probably a bad idea as others have said...

Just so I'm on the same page, are you talking about a custom button/link in WHMCS that a user will click and then it passes them into Plesk? From what I've been able to see, there is actually a place that the user can click on in WHMCS that will log them into Plesk in a new window so that would work well. The issue that we face is that we are trying to combine our Plesk, WHMCS and custom CMS into a single tabbed page so that users can adminster all three sections at once. We are still running into a problem where Plesk hijacks our whole frame, so we may just have to have the users use that link in their client section instead.

If I completely missed your point, please let me know :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...