Pick domain, then package?

MACscr

I have been rolling this idea through my head and i cant think of how i can setup the order form so that a user can pick a domain first, then pick what package they want. That seems pretty normal to me when it comes to having quick search domain forms on the front page of websites,etc. Right now if you do the domain availability checker, you can only purchase a domain, but not then associate a package with it unless you backtrack in the ordering process. Anyone got any ideas on this? I think i could hack some things together to give this functionality, but to me, it should already be available.

In the domainchecker.tpl file, just change the link on the Order Now text when a domain is available to be order.php?passdomain=domain&passext=ext

That should do it.

Matt

I tried changing this

<p align=center>[url="{$orderlink}"]{$LANG.domainordernow}[/url]</p>

to this

<p align=center><a href="order.php?passdomain=domain&passext=ext
">{$LANG.domainordernow}</a></p>

And although it will now takes you to the page to select hosting plans it did not pass the domain name and extension information. I probably did it wrong. HA, obviously because it didn't work for me :)

Thank you MACscr and Matt,

I did manage to get it to work using this

<p align=center>[url="order.php?passdomain={$domain}&passext={$ext}"]{$LANG.domainordernow}[/url]</p>

The only thing I did notice is that if the customer chooses Order Domain Registration Only the domain name is not filled in.

Having this feature like it is works for me, thanks again

• 1 month later...