Cron Job Messages

Greg

Hi,

Is there any way to stop the WHMCS Cron Job Activity email from being sent out ?

Trouble is, i have setup an email to SMS system which SMS's any support tickets, new orders etc so i dont have to be behind my PC all day/night and unfortunatly the CRON jobs are SMS's also to which i dont need.

The other alternative is to have the CRON Job notification email sent to another email address however i would think that this is not possible.

Greg

I have and i do. I receive the notification from WHMCS every day at the time i specified the CRON JOB to run advising of how many invoices raised, how many support tickets closed and confirmation that the disk space & bandwidth has been updated.

If you dont get this message perhaps it's you who hasnt setup your Cron Jobs properly???

• WHMCS CEO

Yep, the cron job report is sent to all administrators. The only way you could avoid this is by setting up an admin account with a different email address and then modifying your account to be just a sales operator account. You can then access everything except the configuration section from your normal login and won't get the cron report each day.

Matt

I have and i do. I receive the notification from WHMCS every day at the time i specified the CRON JOB to run advising of how many invoices raised, how many support tickets closed and confirmation that the disk space & bandwidth has been updated.

If you dont get this message perhaps it's you who hasnt setup your Cron Jobs properly???

lol, must be so. But i swear if my memory serves my correctly that cron job notifications go to dev null. Im definately going to have to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

• WHMCS CEO

The email report is sent by WHMCS when the cron job is run. The cron job notification email address you may enter in cPanel is a different thing entirely. If you aren't getting any email from WHMCS then the cron isn't being run to completion.

Matt

Hi Matt, the idea is to stop the Cron Job reports but to allow the other system messages through so they are sent onto my mobile phone (orders and support tickets). It's only the cron job that needs to be stopped or modified in some way.

EDIT - Problem solved. I used an email filter in cPanel to discard emails specifically from "WHMCS Cron Job Activity" and that seems to have done the trick. I can see via the System Activity Log whats been happeneing so all is well.

• WHMCS CEO
Hi Matt, the idea is to stop the Cron Job reports but to allow the other system messages through so they are sent onto my mobile phone (orders and support tickets). It's only the cron job that needs to be stopped or modified in some way.

Exactly, that is what my recommendation did. A sales operator still gets notifications about orders and support tickets - just not the cron email.

Matt