Post your Resources: Protect yourself as a host from Charge Back.

AndrewMKP

If your terms of service and your refund policy are well written,

the client has to check that they have signed and agreed to them before they can check out

you have your bases covered,

hosting is a virtual service, it is not a tangible good that can be delivered to your front door and signed for,

remember that if someone files a chargeback in paypal that you need to act on it immediately

with as was stated before a copy of the TOS the refund policy

a screen shot of the checkout page showing that this has to be agreed to before checkout

and a brief outline of what the purchase was for,

last one we had took less than 10 minutes to resolve.

Looking at the demo it is not, however you should be able to write a comment under the continue box stating by clicking the above button you agree to our link:terms and conditions and link:privacy policy?

Would that be sufficient?

Also can you confirm this Merlin? Would be interesting to know.

I am looking at the demo version and can't seem to see it? Could you show a screenshot or a link? The demo WHMCS seems to have the configurable hosting addon added, this may have changed the line? This would be interesting to see. Also what version are you running?

• 5 weeks later...

I once had a client wait to pay her invoice until after her site had been suspended. Once she paid, her site was not manually unsuspended that day (a weekend, and we did manual unsuspends at that time), so she filed a Paypal claim.

I contacted Paypal via phone and they explained that the money taken from my account was not immediately given to her. It was held by Paypal. I contacted the client via Paypal to let her know that we had unsuspended her account and Paypal also called her to let her know we had responded.

The client let the dispute drop and we got our money back.

I have been in business since 2000 and have never had Paypal immediate give money to the client, I have always had the opportunity to dispute and in the two or three cases where a dispute was filed, the money was always returned to me.

Of course, I also make sure that I have a solid TOS or written and signed contract for any services I provide. If you aren't doing that, I strongly recommend you start.